“Cozy complex in great location”
other travellers have booked this property
A few steps from this lovely, quiet beach
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
A few steps from this lovely, quiet beach
Second row condo.  Walk anywhere in Sosua in a matter of minutes.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Retirees1...
Montreal, Canada
“Cozy complex in great location”
Reviewed 17 April 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

We loved the location of this two bedroom, two bath condo, Alecia beach is less than two minute walk and The beautiful Sosua beach is 5-6 minute walk and is well worth the extra steps. Restaurants, and there are plentiful are all within walking distance. Our favorites are El Condo and Sinatra's (2 for 1 meals Wed & Friday) great entertainment as well. Bring your own wine (Casa Valeria) is also a good supper and breakfast place. If you like German, El Rancho is across the way. Good security guard Daniel and hard working maintenance person Vitore keep the grounds in top shape. Two good size rooms and smaller living space that was compensated by the large balcony. Money exchange is plentiful and as close as El Condo, ask for Sergio for great rate. Canadians can bring Cdn or Us$, both are easily accepted. Thanks to Simon for tips and good service. Deposit was returned as promised.

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
19 Jul 2017
Thanks guys. You were most excellent guests even though you had to put up with a few little "issues" along the way. I thank you for your patience, and your informative guide to the local area will definitely help others that haven't been before. Perhaps we will meet again? Without a doubt you're always welcome in Sosua.
Brian G
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Excellent stay ”
Reviewed 21 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at this 2 bdrm condo. It was exactly what I was looking for. The Condo great condition in a great location ( just steps from the beach ) along with every modern day amenity. The manager ( Simon ) was very friendly, professional and attentive. The security was also very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend.

23 Nov 2016
Thanks Brian. Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed 2 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Nov 2016
This renter was very angry because the cleaner had accidentally not made up the bed. He called me and I went to the apartment immediately to address the issue. To save time, we simply put him into the other bedroom which is almost identical and had also been cleaned and made up with fresh linen and towels earlier that day.

There was dirty laundry still on-site but he makes it sound as if he was supposed to use it whereas it was simply left in the laundry hamper at the back of one of the bathrooms. The left over trash was a biscuit wrapper and a few tiny bits of rubbish that I had put in the bin after the apartment had been cleaned earlier on.

The condo policy is CLEAR and written in the house rules that every potential renter is supposed to read. They are still there right now and renters are encouraged to read them by Flipkey / Tripadvisor prior to booking. I can only assume that his anger was directed to the policy regarding prostitutes not being permitted in the condo. Perhaps it is possible that the only way that the renter thought he could get his money back was to complain (he even complained that there was no toilet paper in the bathrooms even though I had taken him to the grocery store to buy provisions) even though it was clear to me that nothing could be done to resolve the situation simply because the renter felt his vacation would not be what he wanted due to the condo policy and not the apartment. We agreed within about an hour of his arrival at the apartment that I would charge for one night, he would leave in the morning and I refunded his balance immediately. I'm surprised that he feels obliged to write such nonsense given the circumstances however, I think that the pictures of the apartment (that were taken less than two months ago) speak for themselves. This renter will not be welcome back and we will continue to stick to the law and not allow prostitutes into apartments when the owners tell us not to. I am sure that if we were to openly allow prostitution then Tripadvisor would immediately suspend our account and rightly so. Let's get down to the bottom of the "problem" here: We have to second guess what our renters mean when they ask if an apartment is "Guest friendly". What they tend to mean is: "Is it alright for me to employ the services of a prostitute and then take her back to your apartment in order to break the law in such a way that you (the property owner) will actually be accountable by allowing your property to be used for such purposes".

Hispaniola Sol is a family friendly condominium. The owner of the apartment reaches out to couples and to families. It is a few meters from a lovely quiet beach and a perfect place for a short vacation or long winter stay. It is never dirty, it is always cleaned hours before the arrival of a guest. Clean towels and bed linen are always supplied and spares are also always provided but please remember to bring your own toilet paper in case there is none at the apartment when you arrive.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing