“wow better then a 5 star”

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Reviewed 2 February 2012

don<t bother with bad reviews if you are there to be on vacation then you will enjoy this hotel if you are there to complain about the rooms then stay home this hotel is very clean the staff are amazing yes the vendors can be a pain for some people but I enhoy dealing with them its so fun if they pass by me and don<t stop i tell them to come see me your in a diferent contry wow amazing place I enjoyed the food everything yes we are Interval members but who cares its my second trip to this hotel and I enjoyed it each time read some review the bad one some people are complaining because there is a frozen pina colada left in the fridge ha ha my room was not clean it could just be that the maid forget it if you get upset over a pina colada then stay home you will not be happy no were your on vacation so enjoy it if the food the drinks and the staff are freindly what else do you need someone to shine your shoes come on this is what I think about this hotel I will go back and recomande this hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank yves g
Write a ReviewReviews (2,211)

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Booked this trip through Interline because it was the cheapest thing we could find and just wanted to get away for a long weekend, thinking "how bad it could it be?" Well let me tell you just how bad it was. First off, we had to provide our own transportation from the airport because even though we had the "All Inclusive" package the hotel apprently doesn't provide this. It is almost 30 minutes away and the cab wanted $45 (USD) which we talked down to $35. Check-in time was 3pm and even though we got there after 4 we still had to wait 20 minutes for our room to be ready. At first glimpse the room was terrible and the tv didn't work but I really wasn't expecting much out of it in the first place. That was until I went out on the balcony. Our room was on the 1st floor over looking some dirt alley way with a bunch of construction material and an impoverished neighborhood on the otherside of that. I was ready to march back to the front desk and demand another room before I realized that this was probably the room they had reserverd for those who get the interline discount rate. The next issue was the drinks. After drinking about 8 cocktails each and barely feeling a thing we resorted to drinking beer to get any sort of a buzz. However, they only had one type of no-name beer available. you couldn't even switch it up and get a Corona or god forbid a Presidente, the flagship beer of DR! The food was terrible as well. This is what got me most though. We went down there under the pretenses that if anything we were going to have a nice relaxing few days in a tropical carribean setting. However, the vendors on the beach were incessant coming up to us trying to sell some kind of trinket every 2 minutes. Now I've been to third world nations before where this is common especially on a beach but not when the HOTEL EMPLOYEES ARE DOING THE SAME THING TO YOU! Literally there were hotel employees IN UNFORM heckling us trying to sell us on the amenities that were not in the all inclusive package. I was beside my self. As soon as I walked out of the room in the morning they were barking at us, and before we could even sit down for breakfast their crunchy little dive instructor was trying to sell us on a discovery course. There was nothing pleasing, relaxing, or intriguing about this place what-so-ever. I just couldn't wait to get away from it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Casey C
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Coral Costa Caribe need to update most of their Hotel and improve on food and cleanliness if they dont get on it ASAP Coral Costa Caribe is going to lose lots of customers .This resort has many unpleasant reviews.We pay to stay and enjoy for the week that's what we deserve.That hotel is so out dated. They lots of improvement on their appearance

• Stayed: January 2012
6  Thank erica007
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I went there for work with 25 people. The rooms are the dirtiest i have ever seen, the staff is unbelievably rude and unhelpful, there are only locals that go there on the weekends. Nothing is ever open, half of the time the restaurants are not open, and the staff is pissed at you for being there. Anyway the food is disgusting, its plain & simply reheated food from the buffet transformed with sauces to make tacos or pasta. There are prostitutes everywhere in the bushes (scary at first but you get use to it, i guess). There were old man alone on vacation with local JUVENILE girls, under 15 years old for shure! Everybody seemed to ignore this fact. Very upsetting. Dirty glass, dirty drinks, no beer in bottle, no bottle of water or very hard to find! They let the crappy souvenirs vendors on the beach, but they ask you if you wants to buy something or a massage EVERY FIVE MINUTES ALL DAY LONG! No lights on the resort at night. Nothing to do except maybe volleyball, but its very hard to get a ball, or a towel. Music is old 90's dance and its way too loud all day , you can't ear you speak. I'm serious, it is, the worst place i've stayed in my life. Do yourself a favour, go to Mexico, and if you really want to go to Dominican republic, go to Punta Cana and look for a five star or Barcelo hotel.
Go luck!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank John T
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This resort should be out of business, we were lied to, had no hot water for three days, to flush the toilet you had to dump water into it with the trash can, the food was only marginal and the drinks were mostly water. The front desk people tried to scam us into paying under the table for a better room and the beach front restrooms were filthy. Do not go there!

Room Tip: You do not want any room there