2,385 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This was my first visit to the D.R. the weather was perfect, the beach beautiful. the stafff were friendly and for the most part attentive. The grounds were well kept. The food was good always plenty of options. The activities staff were friendly and always entertaining. This resort was good value for the money for anyone on a budget, Only minor problems that certainly didnt affect my vacation such as water pressure a bit poor at times but always had hot water and sometimes towels were a bit scarce but a simple phone call would produce some all in all would reccomend for a nice vacation

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My husband and I just returned yesterday, 3/12/11 from a 7 night stay at coral costa caribe. There were many good things about the resort: the food, the weather, and the staff. I always found something I liked at Ambar, the buffet style open air restaurant. Also, we enjoyed El Fogon (dominican food) and rigolettos's the italian restaurant. the Mexican restaurant wasn't so great. The service in the restaurants wasn't what I would call attentive by US standards, but once I accepted that I was pleased overall.
The beach is nice and is kept well groomed. there are nice clusters of palm trees where you can get some shade if you need it like I do. There are always sufficient towels and chairs. Vendors do roam the beach, but if you just say "no, gracias", they will generally move on.
Now for the room: We had a beautiful room with 2 balconies and a king sized platform bed. It appeared to havebeen re-done and the maid kept it clean, including placing flowers on the bed after making it up.
Here are the problems, and they may be significant to some. We had hot water ONCE in 7 days. I took cold showers each day. For the last 3 days of our stay, the water was shut off midday, to work on the hot water problem, I'm sure. The water from the tap is not suitable for drinking. Bottled water is provided. I used it to brush my teeth and had no stomach problems at all.

Our room overlooked the outdoor area where the evening entertainment was held. It went until 11PM and it was LOUD!!. It was so loud that we couldn't hear our TV no matter how high we turned up the volume.
We just tried to change our schedule so that we could stay up later, but I could've done without hearing this every night.
OVerall, this was a good vacation. Although I heard other guests obsessing about the lack of hot water, or about other room-related complaints, our main priority was the beach, the sun and the food/drinks.
Before you go think about what's most important to you and let that be your guide. We got a great deal, so I still feel like it was a good getaway for the price.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2011

I found the staff attentive, friendly and very helpful. The food was pretty good and sometimes great. The drinks were brilliant. The disco was great fun. The animation team were very funny and happy and worked extremely hard. There were mixed nationalities at this hotel which I enjoyed (I appeared to be the only Brit)! The beach and the sea was beautiful. The trip to Isla Saona on the catamaran was fun and the Island itself beautiful. I danced lots of bachata/merengue and some salsa whilst at the disco and on the trip to Saona! All in all a great value holiday for the price with lots to offer.

My only negative comment is that the walls are paper thin and therefore sleep quality is not that good.

Do remember you are not in a 5* hotel nor are you in Europe where standards are slightly different. I had a ball and loved every minute of it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank KimHartwell
Reviewed 11 March 2011

Why you should go:
Tight budget and need sun and beach.
Have a very strong digestive system To sustain the menu.
Get a taste of local service.
Gambling

Why you shouldn't go:
Unsafe for Young families , the pool closes at 6pm for a heavy chemical treatment.
The hotel is completely opened to the exterior population and sex trade workers.
Low grade food.
Light sleep ( thin walls)

Hotel mustve been a gem in its debuts , it is tired . Food is not for the faint of heart.
Service is awesone if you can tip.
Beach towels, dinner plates at buffet and water are all rare commodities.

I paid 500$ for a week....what is there to complain about, seriously.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 9 March 2011

The food and the night time shows were good, but the problem I had was the wait time for my room and when I went up the room was not clean, hot, there was a water problems that was wetting the bed on the left, the AC was not working well.Then we asked to change the room and it was a longer wait time.The front desk was rude and and not well informed.Room number 1602 had the problem.The game room let in kids and the club had a odor to it but rather to all that i had a ok vacation
-JadeNewYorker