“Lakeysha Edwards”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Lakeysha...
“Lakeysha Edwards ”
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent in the Dominican Republic at The Phoenix spa and Resort because of the owner/operator Benjamin and his staff of employees. The food, condo, and atmosphere was authentic and top notch.
A special shout out to Eli, Dimples, Angelina, Andrés, Johann, and Naughty the bar staff for introducing us to Poppajuana and Mommajuana. Also, Wilson Zapete of Wilson's tours was the cherry on top of the whole experience. Wilson is a real genuinely good soul. We love you guys and hated to leave, but hopefully we will return to this little hidden gem of a resort in the future.

Management Response
24 Oct 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience with all.Hope we are in your plan for your next vacation in the Dominican.
veranikas...
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“worth the money”
Reviewed 16 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

Loved the very quiet and peaceful atmosphere here. it is not fancy but it is clean and the food is absolutely delicious, it tastes like homemade food. There are not too many people at the beach, at times me and my husband had it to ourselves.The staff is absolutly amazing!very helpful and friendly. Worth the money

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
24 Oct 2017
Thanks for the nice review. Hope to see you back soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
“ineffable”
Reviewed 14 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

After the initial shock and awe of a taxi ride that was scarier than any amusement park ride I have experienced, arrival at the Phoenix Spa & Resort merely added to the dismay. It is nothing more than an isolated compound surrounded by barbed and razor wire. We stayed in unit number # 5 with a kitchen/dining area window but a mere 6 feet away from a pasture with young bulls and a rooster. The bathroom window could not be closed because it is a mere cement block turned on the side for air flow? The power losses on the Dominican are frequent so the on the plus side, they do have a generator that whines like any diesel does. Found it newt to impossible to sleep because of this noisy beast, the loud music allowed to play well past the posted 11 pm curfew and the frequent revving of motorcycle engines at all hours. The roads in this area and most parts of the Dominican are (believe it or not) worse than those of Pennsylvania where at least when it snows they get smoothed out from the snow fall and plows). We paid the $70 US for the shuttle service and am glad we did because nothing was in easy walking distance and all of the wild/unchained dogs make walking quite a brave unknown result adventure. On a positive note, the owner is really trying and does have a nice clean facility that is manned by locals who in his own words earn a paltry $7-$8 per day which is good since over 70% of the islands population does not work. The island itself has great potential to become the paradise it could be based on the weather, but the reality is that I shall remember it as one of the unshaven and unwashed armpits of the Caribbean Islands. Although the people are quite friendly, this RCI held/sponsored resort must surely be at the the bottom of their other offerings. I have read some of the other reviews and cannot understand how none of them are not honest or realistically written. I personally had difficulty getting a good nights sleep there and was so very happy to return to Pennsylvania, pot holes, cold weather and snow. At least it much quieter and cleaner. Multiple times while visiting the Dominican, I witnessed may of the local islanders nonchalantly and uncaring about the world that they reside in. So many more things could be stated, but from man's viewpoint, never ever again for this island. I was in the Navy saw the world and how poverty exists. Yes, we are very blessed to be living in the United States and there truly is no place like home for comfort, safety and the whole deal. I am told other terrible places exist like Haiti and Jamaica so I will not waste my time going there either. Last years' Mazatlan, Mexico and our former Hawaii vacations were awesome and make this years' vacation highlight the waste of precious time it was. Sorry to be so brutally honest, but honest this review is. Below this review, it asks if I would recommend this holiday rental to a friend and my response is no. I doubt if in good conscience even tell an enemy to try it.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Ladytiedt...
“Great Resort”
Reviewed 27 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This beautiful resort nestled in Cabarete was intimate with only 40 rooms allowing you to become acquainted with all the guest. We really felt like we were home all of our needs were meet and exceeded by the great staff the chef prepared great food daily my favorite was the Lobster it was to die for. This vacation was one for the books the fact that there was a phone available for you to call back home was an extra bonus. I can't wait to return all the staff members are now extended members of my family miss you guys already

ChatalieC
Montreal, Canada
“I loved it!”
Reviewed 4 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I didn’t know what to expect and I fell in love with Phoenix Spa and Resort. This charming little hotel houses 14 rooms so it feels really exclusive, almost like having your own private little piece of paradise. The staff are friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean, comfortable and equipped with everything you need including kitchenette with stove, big screen tv, access to wifi, etc. The resort also has a generator for when the power goes out. We didn’t even use the stove because Jose, a most excellent chef delighted us with different fish, meats, pastas and desserts every night. The all included is really worth it as it includes any meal on the menu, local drinks, laundry service, use of electric scooters or bikes, massage and even an hour of horseback riding. We went horseback riding at around 5pm and caught the most beautiful sunset on the beach coming back. With the shuttle service, you can go to Cabarete for shopping, beaches, clubs, etc. They even go to Sosua beach where you can snorkel, shop and get spoiled on the beach. They charge for chairs and parasols unless you’re having a drink or lunch at the resto, so keep a few dollars for the gentlemen who take care of you.

Wilson and his family offer some great excursions, namely 27 waterfalls for the more adventurous, Blue Lagoon, where you get to check out the most beautiful turquoise beaches and lagoon, and of course Wilson’s riverboat tour which ends with a delicious lunch at his family’s restaurant.
I really loved my stay and would go back anytime. Plus they’re now building a second section of classy condos with a large pool, wetbar, jacuzzis, cabanas, etc. If you want to relax in a charming place with great service and atmosphere, I recommend Phoenix Spa and Resort. You may never want to go back to a big resort after experiencing Phoenix’s special hospitality.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Small boutique hotel, felt exclusive, like our own little piece of paradise
Liked least: The generator isnecessary but a little noisy
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing