All reviews organic farm cross fit flying trapeze circus school farm tour eco hotel kite beach active vacation yoga classes farm to table unique hotel hotel cat incredible location overlooking the ocean the penthouse other guests learn how
Reviewed 21 December 2016

I came here specifically for the trapeze and cannot wait to go back again. I stayed for 10 nights, my room was clean, comfortable and the water was always hot. My room was overlooking the trapeze rig and I even had an ocean view. Since this an eco conscious resort, don't expect to be treated a lavish experience. However, Robbie the owner and Victoria are the most kindest and welcoming people. Victoria responded to my emails promptly and this made me feel at ease coming here. No surprises after arrival.

Other than trapeze, you can also take advantage of the gym, yoga, kitesurfing and the restaurant is right on the beach. I wish the windows would open for an even better beach dining experience. Horses go by everyday, so you can also take a ride down the beach if you want.

Prices are very reasonable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to others. I'd call the vibe, Surfer style!

See you guys soon - can't wait to be back!

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 20 December 2016

there were four of us and we were lucky enough to get the penthouse. Everything is well kept and clearly no need for AC with all the wind.

it was great to be able to hang in the hammock and watch the kites in the afternoon.

The staff are absolutely amazing, helpful, knowledgeable, answering any and all questions. Thanks Robbie, Patricia, Victoria and Liam

Yoga with Sofia was amazing, listening to the surf while you do yoga is wonderful

Getting your bum whooped by Jeremy was a treat.
Barre with Zach was an amazing experience, he is a wonderful trainer.

Room Tip: wifi is spotty, get the penthouse for less highway noise more ocean. Be nice to Mathilda the hotel cat.. she is amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I found this hotel on Groupon...5 nights plus $200 activities credit (yoga, kite-surfing, trapeze, etc). They offer many different things to do on-premise. But be warned, you have to be ok with no AC and tiny bath towels since this is an eco-conscious hotel. Remember, you didn't come all the way here to spend time in your hotel room (unless its raining and you have work to do online and the internet keeps going in and out, but you just take it as it goes and go drink a cheap and excellent mojito at the on-premise restaurant).

I didn't get to really learn to kite-surf as I had hoped because the wind wasn't right, but I did get to do Yoga overlooking the ocean while a thunderstorm rolled in, eat excellent food, drink delicious mojitos, rent a paddle-board next door, help clean up the beach, learn some moves on the trapeze, and meet new friends! The staff is really friendly too, and would have a drink with you. The hotel cat, Matilda, adopted me during my stay. I traveled here solo and ended up hanging out with another girl who was also travelling solo (her friend was working at the hotel).

My biggest complaint was that the mosquitos were getting in my room the last two nights, waking me up. I slept with the sliding door open (screen closed) but I had fooled around with the sliding doors once and maybe I just didn't close them all the way?

If you came to this part of the country for adventure, then this is the place for you!

Room Tip: I had room 10 because I requested the need to be closer to a wifi router. This is closest to the street, so there was road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2016

If this hotel had an all inclusive, I could eat at the restaurant 3x a day every day and not find one dish I did not like. It was just THAT good.

The fact that the hotel is on the beach is a bonus. Many hotels we looked at in town showed the beach but they were in fact across the road. The hotel is fun, eco friendly and the staff are really nice.

I highly recommend for the traveler who is looking for adventure, fun and a holistic experience and wants to focus on taking advantage of what the hotel has to offer ( boarding, yoga, circus, gym, pool, food) The experience is a 5 star. The hotel is clean and the beds/pillows are more comfortable than mine at home!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I made a GREAT choice by going with this hotel. I was worried about where to stay as this can determine if you have a good time but the staff (Victoria) was amazing . She promptly replied to my emails, which made me feel comfortable and knowledgeable about what to expect. When I stayed there I asked WAY to many questions but Victoria and the other staff members tried their best to answer them.

Robbie the owner was really friendly and great to talk to. I wish my boyfriend and I ran into him earlier to pick his brain. He knows a lot about the area. One of the locals, a server at the restaurant Nisael was very kind and a pleasure to speak to.

There are so many awesome activities happening at the hotel, I didn't have time for all of them! Next time I go back I will definitely try the Circus. I have to mention the Yoga classes. The instructors are amazing, I highly recommend it. I had my boyfriend join me for all 3 classes for the first time. We were able to get pretty far with our acro-yoga too! One thing I do suggest if you are anything like me, start your yoga and circus class the day you get there because time passes way too quickly when you are having fun!

I ask that future travelers consider certain circumstances. We arrived 10 days after DR has its major flood. This affected the tours we were able to do and the wifi. Given that DR is still developing I would say forget your wifi. You don't need it. Get out there and talk to people if you need information or what not.

Room Tip: Ocean view room - not much of view as the restaurant is in front but worth it
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple