“Better than expected”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
herewego1...
Sugar Grove, Illinois
“Property: lovely, modern ... management style: third world”
Reviewed 26 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

This property is absolutely beautiful. The pool is wonderful, the grounds are lush. HOWEVER, the style of management is not in keeping with the lovely, modern façade.
Issues as follow:
1. No monitoring of late night (until 4:00am) partying, though rules state otherwise.
2. Management blames guest instead of taking responsibility.
3. Bad smell in rooms.
4. Poor maid service: The septic system in the Dominican Republic does not allow toilet paper to be flushed. Therefore, good maid service is critical to the western traveler. Our stay was short, yet spanned parts of 3 days. During this time,our garbage cans were never emptied, nor were directions given what we should do with the waste cans. We also had to get toilet paper from the security guard!!
5. On the day of arrival our 3-bedroom condo reservation was changed to 2 separate rooms in opposite ends of the complex - very inconvenient. Interestingly enough, we were given two different reasons for the switch. One, blaming us for cancelling and re-booking - which never happened. Could it be we were bumped to give preference to a longer term rental? Short-term rentals beware!
6. Our rental agreement stated that we 'would be charged in local currency'. The multitude of over-seas reservations I have made state the same thing, meaning my credit card is charged the local currency, and I pay a fee to the credit card company who, in turn, charges me in dollars. Not here... they mean actual cash... I had to go the the ATM and get a shoebox full of pesos to pay the bill. To make this rather unusual policy very clear, I suggest to the management that they clearly state on the e-mailed confirmation: "we do not accept credit cards", instead of blaming the customer for 'not reading the fine print'. Leaving the hotel was almost humorous when I thought of paying for a long-term stay...it would require a wheel-barrow!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: physical property
Liked least: management
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
WI
Reviewed 2 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Aborigina...
Plainfield, New Jersey
“The View is Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed 27 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

I really enjoyed staying at Johnny's Condo in Cabarete, the pictures actually don't do it justice. The view of the Caribbean and the serenity of the area is great. I rented a 1 bedroom condo and was absolutely pleased with it. The location and the views was great, when we first arrived and seen how beautiful the area was we knew we would enjoy our stay.

The place has a $1 million dollar view, and I really don't have many complaints since our intent was to spend more time outside on the beach and by the pool than inside. Yet, even after spending most of the day outside it was a pleasure to relax inside such a relaxing condo.

I highly recommend staying here and I guarantee that you won't regret it either. I'm glad that I chose to stay in Cabarete and this place than at a place in Sosua with Blue in it's name that only played games when we tried to rent it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location and View.
Liked least: Still under renovation and Wi-fi not working inside condo.
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing