See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I travelled around Dominican Republic during 5 weeks with my husband and 2 small children. Casa Roma was the most comfortable and clean hotel we stayed at! We had originally booked an other place in the center of Cabarete but it was not convenient for us so we randomly and frantically started to look for another hotel and we are so glad we accidentally passed in front of Casa Roma! Jeff and Scott immediately made ourselves feel like home! The hotel is super clean, newly painted large rooms with very comfortable beds, ceiling fans and airco, hot water (this was not the case of most of the places we stayed at!). Casa Roma is located in a very quiet and safe neighborhood, 5 min away from the busy center of Cabarete, which was the best for us. Nice and clean swimming pool for the biggest pleasure of my daughter. Jeff and Scott are full of attention to their guests, they warmly welcomed our children, Jeff even bought a pool toy for them. We were not considered as clients, but as good friends! Delicious breakfast, locked parking for our car, security guard outside at night. And all this for wow, so little money!

Room Tip: It was awsome to have a room on the ground floor when you travel with kids and lots of suitcases! We were able to leave our baby napping inside the room and keep an eye on him through the window while we had another eye on our daughter in the swimming pool!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Les443
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This is probably the best burgain you can get in the Cabarete area. Casa Roma means very neat, spacious and beatifully decorated rooms & adorable and very helpful staff who would make you feel like home. I have a wonderful time over there and if i decide to return to Domenican, I will definitvely return to Casa Roma.
If you want to get to Cabarete, you need transportation (lucky there is one is available 2 min walk from the hotel). Jeff and Scott can also arrange you a car/ taxi whenever needed.
I'm ranking the place 4/5, because of the distance to downtown Cabarete, if not, the hotel itself and the service provided fully deserve 5 points.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Agnieszka N
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Came to town looking for a bargain hotel and ended up with the nicest hotel stay I have had in years. Second floor has high ceilings with a fan and air conditioning. Felt like a king in castle with wall around compound. Safe and quiet. No dogs, no cats, no unwanted pests.
Jeff and Scott were wonderful. They made breakfast to order and it felt like home with friends instead of a hotel stay.
Scott played tour guide.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank troy_is_traveling
Reviewed 6 January 2014

If you are traveling to Cabarete, and looking for an inexpensive place just 5 mins away, you cant beat this! Service was great, within minutes of booking, had an email from the owner with details. Staff was friendly and helpful. Note - you DO need a car or transportation available as this is about 5 mins away from the center of the city. But an easy commute with 200-300 peso cab ride price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank risingphoenix2014
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed at this resort in July and i had a great experience here. I never met the owner jeff, we communicated via email though and the lady running the place really made you feel at home. Breakfast was served with a smile every morning. There was secure parking on premises for my rental.Only complaint was the wifi signal didn't reach my room which was one of the ones at the end of the property. It was great swimming Au Natural in the pool on the premises. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends