“Our expectations were more than met!”
other travellers have booked this property
Lush tropical garden screens condos from pool
Backyard lush gardens, with gorgeous large pool, thatched roof bar, and condo bldg with 4 condos Welcoming entry hall-a spacious 4' wide for lots of space + excellent air-flow for cool ventilation
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Lush tropical garden screens condos from pool
Dining area of main living space - some guests move this out onto the balcony for el fresco dining
Glass patio doors leading onto sunny balcony with a tropical breeze - overlooking the pool + gardens
GE fridge + stove for convenient food preparation - also beautiful cupboards with dishes + cookware
Kitchen seen from front balcony shows main level and mezzanine level above with 2nd bed + bathrooms
Living room area with patio doors leading to balcony + spiral staircase leading to mezzanine level
Spiral staircase from mezzanine level leads to living room and out to sunny front balcony
Main level bedroom 12' x 13' with double mirrored-doored closet, twin beds + dresser with chair
Gorgeous view from bedroom window overlooks verdant palm treetops outside
Main level bathroom with bathtub + shower offers unlimited hot water in keeping with US standards
2nd bedroom found on large airy 300 sq ft mezzanine with bright dormer window and vaulted ceiling
2nd bathroom off mezzaine bedroom feels light and airy with vaulted ceiling and flow-thru breezes
Tropical vistas of palm trees seen from mezzanine bathroom with large mirrored medicine cabinet
Triple mirred-door closet makes the spacious mezzanine feel double the size
Roomy front balcony where you can relax with a fav book while enjoying the tropical breezes + vistas
Gorgeous large pool is uniformly 5' deep
Round thatched roof bar with mahogany bar tops custom made onsite - looking out at incredible pool
Open-air common area/reception hall with library for our guests and covered seating to enjoy them in
Poolside charcoal BBQ is well used by guests to create gourmet feasts that make such great memories
Miles of golden sand beaches - only 100 meters from your front door stretching miles to east + west
Vecinos beach out front is favored for envigorating beach walks or driftwood treasure hunts
Kiting at Vecinos Beach out front - very convenient 100 m from your front door - why go any further
Secure parking space right next to condo provided
Serene pool nestled surrounded by lush tropical gardens
Lounging chairs invite you to relax poolside with a book or laptop and surf the net
Winding paths lead thru lush gardens past condo balconies
Condo building front overlooks lush green foliage
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
JHGomez
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Our expectations were more than met!”
Reviewed 1 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

Hello people!

We were a group of 8 adults and 1 kid and we enjoyed each of the three days (two nights) we stayed at Vecinos for Semana Santa 2016 (Easter). First of all it was easy to find the place once in Cabarete. The owner Les, received us in the front door and walked us to our apartment. The yards are spacious and full of tropical plants, which keep all the areas very fresh. The rooms are simple (not luxury) and homely. There's a balcony were the fresh breeze is always flowing. The dorm rooms are wide enough for us to place extra beds and the bathrooms are well equipped. The kitchen is functional for any cooking (we even made some pizza). The table at the dining room wasn't big enough for us all, but we found an extra table and some spare chairs. It was very nice. The place is quiet and the pool is big and clean. I didn't visit the beach but my friends did and liked it. It's very close. We enjoyed also a Flea Market within the installations acquiring good and non expensive stuff. I can say that for the price, we were more than satisfied. I know we'll be visiting again Vecinos in the near future. Thanks to Lynda and Les.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The nature all around the place
Liked least: Wifi Internet could be better
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Lnormand4...
“My awesome vacation at Vecino's”
Reviewed 20 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

I loved staying at Vecino's! I was there for 3 weeks over New Year's and into January, and it started to feel like home. I was made to feel welcome the minute I arrived, and Les addressed any small issues as soon as I identified them. Vecino's is not in the centre of Cabarete, but the walk (super healthy walk along the beach) and/or Motoconcho ride (50 pesos!) added to the adventurous feel of my trip. Saturday markets at Vecino's were so much fun, with artisans and vendors from the area as well as Les' amazing breakfast sandwiches and cinnamon rolls. And the dogs and cats were just so friendly. The pool is immaculate, the grounds are beautiful, and the atmosphere is welcoming. We got our fill of coconuts, avocados, bread fruit falling from the trees, amazing! Thank you Les, it was a memorable vacation for me and for my family and friends, one that I will never forget. I miss the sound of your guitar and singing in the evenings, and your friendly "good morning" every day! And the memory of you walking me to the top level of Voy Voy's on New Year's Eve so that I could get a better view - fantastic! It was a great New Year's Eve. In fact, I loved it so much, I might just come back next year! It certainly beat the boredom and protectionism of staying at an all-inclusive resort - Vecinos made me feel like part of the community! Thank you!!!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
21 Feb 2016
Lynne fit right in at Vecinos.....either catching a motoconcho into town, meeting other expats at the Saturday Market, or just hanging out by the pool. Was great meeting her son, and later her daughter and boyfriend, then other friends that stayed at the next door condo, and finally another travelling companion for the last week. New Years Eve was certainly a memorable evening as I was singing at the Kahuna Bar and Lynne and her family came to listen and then before midnight we ran next door ,in the rain, to the VoyVOy Bar which was packed full of young party goers from all over the world. Truly a party atmosphere and after awhile no one seemed to notice if it was raining or not. I think my greatest pleasure is meeting so many people from different countries and never having to travel because they all come to stay at Vecinos , either for a few days, a week or a month, or more. By the time Lynne left it really felt like saying goodbye to a friend and I hope she and her family do come back for another stay.... I'll be sure and save a Jumbo BLT just for you. A Friend, Lester
mcphrkrs
baltimore,maryland
“An Appreciation of Differences”
Reviewed 29 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Well we had the pleasure of meeting Les upon arrival and it was a very challenging time getting here due to Jonas the Blizzard on the east coast. Airline lost our luggage for 2 days and we made the most of it. Les made calls and eventually our bags came down from Santiago. Sharing knowledge and our own private guide (Les) made it all worthwhile. Our room was great and although our stay was brief and rainy we enjoyed the mini tours and karaoke. Les we cant thank you enough for sharing your time and knowledge and allowing us to feel welcome. Lynda I cant thank yu enough for answering the many questions I had. I shall return and I feel as if I already have a family member waiting for me. Peace and blessing to you.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: not to far from the beach
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
31 Jan 2016
What a great group of ladies.....they all lost their luggage and when they arrived were kind of upset and I was happy to help them out and then bring them into Cabarete for a few drinks and laughs. Took them to karaoke at VoyVoys on Monday and we all had a blast singing Rollin on the River..... I hope Paulette, Mellissa, and Tina make it back again . They were great guests....Thanks....Lester
Malcolm F...
“Great place to stay in Cabarete area”
Reviewed 22 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

The Condos are well located and just a two minute walk across the road to the beach. The condos themselves are large and well fitted out.
Our very friendly host Les was extremely helpful and full of ideas for trips and places to visit. He addressed any concerns we had immediately. We enjoyed his Saturday locals market and guitar vocals.
It was a 20 minute walk to a well stocked supermarket and another 10 minute walk to main street Cabarete. There is a small food and drinks store a two minute walk from the condos.
We thoroughly enjoyed are stay at Vecinos condos and would not hesitate to recommend them

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
31 Jan 2016
Always great to have experienced travelers come to stay......they were absolutely no problem and even tho the wind didn't cooperate for the first few days, Malcolm was able to get out kiting toward the end of his stay......I always enjoy seeing people shop at the local colmados as they really get a feel for the local people and community. Always nice to have an audience around the pool when I'm practicing for my Open Mike gigs I have in Cabarete ..... Hope you get to make it back to Vecinos another time...Thanks...Lester
Fernandor...
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Great place at an even better price”
Reviewed 23 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

This is the second time I stay in in this place and it's certainly not the last. The "rooms" (more like apartments if you ask me) are in amazing shape and are really comfortable. The place has a great pool and the owners are really friendly and pretty much laid-back. I would recommend this to 10/10 people.

Travelling group: Friends
24 Nov 2015
Fernando and his group of 10 were awesome guests who really enjoyed their stay with us! Les & I enjoyed listening to them playing their music and singing - having a great time - so wonderful to see!!!
They left for town in the evenings where they danced the night away :) We welcome them back again anytime - and invite them to tell all their friends, and bring them too!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing