“I could not see anyway how my experience could have been better.”
Review of Kite Club Cabarete

Kite Club Cabarete
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kite Club Cabarete is the home of kiteboarding in Cabarete. We offer Beginner Lessons, 1 week Intensive Clinics and IKO Instructor Courses at any level. We pride ourselves on our reputation as the most professional Kiteschool in Cabarete while maintaining an open and friendly atmosphere. The Kite Club Team is led by Cabarete veteran and IKO Training Master Jon Dodds, bringing years of experience to the hand picked Instructor team.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I could not see anyway how my experience could have been better.”
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Ned and Miguel were excellent instructors. Their knowledge and teaching skills was outmatched only by their ability to make it fun. The equipment was great, and the location was perfect. They did a great job of understanding my skills and ability and wasted no time working to help me progress comfortably. They got me in he water and up on my board in no time. I really enjoyed my experience.

1 Thank mostasteless486

California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great place to learn to Kite Surf”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I did a fair bit of research on the Internet looking for places to truly learn to Kite Surf, I took some lessons in Los Angeles (home). Kite Club Cabarete had great reviews. I signed up for a 7 day intensive course to be taken over two weeks. Unfortunately we had no wind the first week (there was a hurricane off shore that blocked the the trade winds). The last week we were rewarded with consistent 10 knot winds or greater. The lessons and support I received from Kite Club were fantastic, I was able to get signed off on 4 skills for level 3 (independent), prior t coming to Kite Club I could not water start so I went from a beginner who was just getting start to a very comfortable Level 3 Independent.

I highly recommend this place, Silky and Dominic were great!!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank HARCal
Port au Prince
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the coolest things I've tried”
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The kite club is super cool, well-organized but friendly and easy going. The staff are incredibly nice, and the location is hard to beat. To top it all off, they have an excellent cafe for breakfast or lunch.

All of this, of course, is just ancillary to the fact that Kite surfing is an amazing support, and you should try it.

Visited January 2012
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to learn and meet people”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Kite Club is a great place to learn how to kite! The instructors are top-notch, and the school does not cut corners when it comes to training or safety. The atmosphere is fun and laid back, and the school really does have a great location on Kite Beach. Moreover, the staff wants you to have a great time and get your money's worth. I visited for a whole month in September, and unfortunately, the wind was uncharacteristically lackluster. During my visit, several other kite schools were frequently taking students out on the water with weak wind conditions - a very frustrating and costly experience. In contrast, the Kite Club staff were honest about weather conditions and would simply not take students out in weather conditions where they could not be successful - saving their clients money and minimizing frustration.

Kite Club is slightly more expensive than some of the surrounding schools and local instructors. However, the price is definitely worth it - especially if you are learning. The school is noticeably stricter on safety as well as equipment and instructor quality. I would highly recommend the school's intensive training classes if you want to make substantial gains in your kiteboarding skills.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Bryant M
Miami Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This is your Shangri-La”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

The whole team here is amazing! My wife and I spent 3 months in Cabarete kitesurfing and used KiteClub exclusively for both training and locker rentals. Best prices on Kitebeach plus an awesome chill out area when your not on the water. Great food and cold beers at the cafe this is truly a special place. I cant tell you how awesome the staff is here, chilled, relaxed & helpful plus they have a awesome kite repair shop in case you need to fix your gear quickly. IWhat more can we say, go see for yourself!

Visited July 2011