All reviews ocean view nice and relaxing stay place to stay cabana bungalow aviary accommodations
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Enjoyable stay; was a bit disappointed in the lack of sandy beach access. Staff was polite and courteous. Food was average. Very nice to sit on the front porch of our bungalow and enjoy the ocean view. Small problem with ants in our accommodation. Overall was a nice stay for the cost.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 31 July 2016

Some relatives of ours were attending a Seminar at this venue so my wife and I collected them from the airport and duly delivered them to Chali. As it was lunchtime we decided to eat before leaving them to it.
Eating at Chli Beach resort was a depressing and disappointing experience.
We had a broad variety of dishes between us but none of the food seemed fresh and everything tasted bland and boring.
The table service was extremely slow, best to order before you have hunger pangs as by the time the food is presented at table you will be ravenous!
The Resort itself appeared pleasant enough and our relative reported that their accommodation was adequate if a little austere.

Room tip: Always examine your room prior to agreeing to stay in it!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2016

We had a small wedding held in this place, the staff we're very nice as well as the surroundings.. The only negative is that the lights in the room needs to be brighter and the whole place should be a non-smoking area.. It's a pity for such good place for everybody including the staff smoking everywhere..

Room tip: Rooms facing the beach are the one to go
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 May 2016

I've reserved hotels and car rentals several times through Travelocity.com, regardless of the reservation date was reserved the on the same day of the reservation or done months ahead. When we arrived at Chali Beach Resort at Cugman, Cagayan de Oro we were told that there was no room available. We had traveled for hours and had arrived at night, and our reservation is guaranteed. To be told that there was no room available just made our vacation one that I will not forget. This was an awful experience and will never book at Chali Beach Resort.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Marjoe B
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We stayed at this resort from April 18 - April 25 for a relaxing break after doing business in CDO. We will not stay here again! We stayed in bungalow one which looked nice at first. The bed was comfortable but it is old with the bathroom fittings falling off the walls there is a good supply of warm water. It is right by the sea but the beach is dirty and all rocks. But the air con in the room was so noisy and could not be adjusted that we could not sleep. If you turned it off the room was so hot. We spent the whole week there tired because of lack of sleep. Some of the staff are very good in the restaurant but overall it was just adequate. I ordered a three course meal and they delivered all three courses at the same time! But worse of all was the last night, there was a debut party for teenagers they were allowed to drink and party all night making so much noise. I called the front desk at 4am asking security to tell them to stop, They did nothing. Evening at 7am they were still partying it was only I shouted at them and told them to go did staff do something. The teenagers wanted to fight with me. The police were not called by staff. Later in the morning I found evidence of drug taking I gave this to the staff. I would not recommend this resort to anyone, avoid it at all costs!

Date of stay: April 2016