All reviews ocean view nice and relaxing stay place to stay cabana bungalow aviary accommodations
Reviewed 13 April 2016

I'm giving this resort 5/5 for their excellent customer service in attending to an emergency we had during our stay. Our office went to CDO for our summer outing and we stayed at Chali Beach Resort. Initially, we thought the resort was old and meh. When we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. Don't expect a modern hotel though--the resort is quiet, charming and quaint. They had an aviary, which my little son enjoyed. The Cabana and bungalows sport the native look. They are clean but a bit dated. If you want a more modern feel, go for the hotel rooms, which is where we stayed.

Our emergency happened on the second day of our stay. Our office had gone white water rafting, but I stayed at the resort with my husband and my son, who was then nearly 2 years old. He had been under the weather the past two days, but seemed to have recovered the night before. That morning, while having breakfast at Tres Marias, he suddenly slumped forward from his high chair. He was having a seizure. At first, I did not know what was going on, and my husband and I kept screaming for help and for a doctor. We laid my son on the table, and when I realized he was seizing, I stuck my finger between his teeth to keep him from biting his tongue. The seizure lasted for about a minute (or maybe less, it really felt like forever at the time). And by the time his episode ended, I realized the staff at Chali already had a van ready to take us to the hospital. In no time, they were able to take us to the nearest hospital. Mind you, we were hysterical, but the staff at Chali stayed level-headed and collected. The staff at Chali stayed with us at the emergency room, until the dust settled and we were able to get a hospital room. My son had to be confined, so the staff at Chali helped my husband ferry all our stuff from the resort to the hospital. Throughout our stay at the hospital, one of Chali's staff, Ms. June, was very considerate in checking up on us and offering any assistance. As tourists at a foreign province who could not even speak the local dialect, we really appreciated the hospitality and quick thinking of the staff at Chali. For tourists who want to visit CDO, it should be reassuring to stay at Chali, where the staff are competent in dealing with emergencies.

Room tip: Bungalows and cabanas are native looking but a bit dated. You may want to stay at their hotel rooms, which are more modern.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2016

I spent the Christmas holiday in Chali Beach Resort for 7 days. I had a great room with a ocean view and the bed was comfortable. My room was the Superior suite. The staff were very helpful. I will stay here again on my next trip in town.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Viajero M
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Chali for just a night and it was a nice and relaxing stay.

The pool is big enough. There is also a cute chapel and the grounds are well manicured. We stayed at the bungalow and the size and design are good enough to call it cozy.

There is no seashore and you can't really swim in the beach, but there are hammocks which you can use if you just want to laze around and listen to the sound of the waves.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene V
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

With my family we decide to stay in this resort , the staff very friendly , the food is good , the room confortable , the pool is fresh and big enought for swim, the price is very good ......the only negative point is the toilet was block all the time ......but if you looking for relax and quiet place this hotel is for you.....for sure we will be back

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

We have stayed here a few times, always a relaxing place. Lovely sea side location. Gated security and also guards on the beach. Food is ok, probably not upto fussy western standards but better than having to cook yourself. Simple rooms, air conditioning and extra mattresses etc upon request. Nice pool. It's not a mega resort full of tourists, more of a Gilgans Island setting ( no offence intended, just the relaxing organic setting). Added bonus are the Toco's, local large gecko's living in the palm trees that bark the word " too". We also got a free ticket shirt for staying over 3 nights. Staff are polite and accommodating, but probably wouldn't suit someone that needs alot of attention. I will stay every chance I can. :)

Date of stay: October 2014