1,321 results
All reviews lake wing cafe veranda new wing breakfast buffet lobby lounge great view premier room amusement park duty manager view deck tagaytay city booked rooms checking in hot chocolate visit tagaytay sized bed an overnight stay
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I would've easily given this place a 5 stars but because of false advertising (and that's one of my pet peeves) I am giving it a 1 Star instead.

I booked this place through Agoda. Paid a steep price of $168 for 2 nights expecting just about the absolute amazing experience we can get. After all, it's quite an iconic location. When I booked online, i was asked how many people are to occupy the room. And it was very specific - # of adults (2); # of kids (2 - ages 5 and 8). I opted for the King suite and requested for an extra bed for my 8 yr old. This option also came with the free breakfast deal (which, I always take). I printed the booking confirmation and everything was correct ON PAPER --- "Room is booked for 4 people. Breakfast included."

We got there and the front desk personnel said there's no extra bed for my 8 year old. Then offered to upgrade the room to 2 queen beds for an extra 2,000 pesos per night. Leaving me with no choice as obviously we all can't fit in a king sized bed, I went ahead and took the bait.

The next morning, we walked in on the breakfast buffet and the receptionist asked how old my kids are. When I told her, "5 and 8". She said, "you need to pay an extra 485 pesos for your 8 year old son." At that point, I'm already pissed.

First off, the booking confirmation indicated that the option we chose came in with free breakfast. There was no particular mention of age specificity. Secondly, we updated the room to a friggin 2k a day. I went to the front desk and asked for an explanation. What I got was the stupidest answer.

I was told that the room only came with free breakfast for the adults and 5 and under kids. Had I lied and declared my 8 year old to be 18, he would've gotten the breakfast for free. I told them we upgraded the room and all and still no breakfast for my 8 year old??!! I have a skinny little boy and it's not like he can eat half as much as I can!! That made ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE AT ALL! I tried to make sense of it but talking to 2 different front desk personnel with such a seemingly skewed way of thinking just didn't get me anywhere. So, I made a promise that this very experience will guarantee them that I will make a "nice" review pointing out their FALSE advertising.

I felt like I've been duped. They will nickel and dime you at just about anything - especially if you came in as a foreigner. I know 485 pesos doesn't make a big dent on our finances, but the FACT that they lied and discriminated against an 8 year old really got me to the core.

And oh, I'm not done yet, there's ONE MORE THING. Our checkout time is 12 noon but as soon as the clock turned past 12 am, our WiFi access was no longer valid. It's as if they're kicking us out as early as they can.

They may look classy and 5-starry on the outside BUT all this crap they're doing makes them a SCAM.

BE WARNED!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan N
Richard G, General Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Ms. Needham,

Thank you for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit. We take note of your comments with regard to the following:

• Room –originally booked for a Superior King at the Mountain Wing through Agoda. An upgrade for Php2,000/night to one of our Premier Queen rooms at the Lake Wing. This room is usually sold at the rate of Php 12,000.
• Possible need for an extra bed – request was noted but not guaranteed as extra beds are subject to availability. However, this should have been checked with you at the time of check in if still needed.
• Breakfast – indicated on the Agoda booking page but not clearly highlighted that the inclusion is for 2 persons. This has been addressed with Agoda.

Ms. Needham, please allow us to serve you again and let us know how we can make it up to you. For your future bookings, please contact us directly at eo@taalvistahotel.com/ reservations@taalvistahotel.com

It was definitely our pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to welcome you back here at Taal Vista Hotel!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I did not stay here as it was sold out by the time we have to make reservations.
i seen the rooms as most of my friends stayed here.

Rooms was okay...clean.

my experience was the reception.
the food was great....
service was amazing...
the ballroom was immaculate..
the happy hour was good touch...

the garden was great area for pictures ..
ambiance is worth a million bucks...

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Richard G, General Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Gedgallego,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Taal Vista Hotel and for sharing this wonderful review. It was definitely our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Available rooms were near the pool which was alright since it's the kids' preference. Dinner and Breakfast areas were excellent and ambiance was great. Food was alright. Breakfast spread was delightful since everything was there. Staff was attentive. Just found some cobwebs behind the sofa near the curtains inside the room. Place was relaxing and not too near the busier areas of tagaytay. No parties during our stay and not too many people since we got there on a thursday before the weekend. The evenings were cool and the mornings were energizing. Beautiful gardens esp near the pool where the herbs and special plants were located. Nature spa experience was a delight but that's for a different review. The rooms were spacious and clean.no issues with the wifi and cable channels. Wished the heated pool opens til 10 or 11. Always been our preferred hotel in the area.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Richard G, General Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Liza g,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Taal Vista Hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.We have taken note of your comments and rest assured these will be discussed with the team. It was definitely our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

A beautiful place. Friendly and helpful staff, the view is magnificient.... the food is good!

You should go out to view the amazing Taal Vicano and Lake. It is beautiful when it is sunny, you can see the beauty and just enjoy it.

When the fog envelopes the place, the temperature gives you the feeling of getting back to bed.

Dont miss Tagayatay. It is the one place that travellers should visit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Richard G, General Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Layoush,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Taal Vista Hotel. We are truly blessed to be in a prime location where guests can enjoy the exquisite view of Taal lake and volcano. It was definitely our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Hotel stay was awesome. The room we had was great! Very clean and beds were comfortable. Our view was fabulous! The staff was courteous and pleasant. We had problems with our domestic flights out of Manila and the front desk staff, esp Krizzy was exceptionally helpful. I would recommend staying at this hotel. And yes! The food was amazing at the breakfast buffet!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Richard G, General Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear Dollygriggs,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Taal Vista Hotel. We are delighted to know that you had an awesome stay. It was definitely our pleasure to be of service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.