“Just an average accommodation in tagaytay”

Crosswinds Resort Suites
Ranked #4 of 105 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 October 2017

ACCOMMODATION OPTION
If you want a place to just sleep in the night in Tagaytay and you have few choices then this is the place to go,
1. for the lush greens to enjoy and feast your eyes on,
2. big rooms
3. option to cook and or re-heat food.(microwave/cookery/oven available).
ON BOOKING
1.We recently booked for a 3 day 2 nights stay.(Fri-Sun).
2.We arrived at hotel around 830 pm and was directed to our room. We didnt have any trouble or any chance to wait long to be checked in and were advised that we can just settle our fee the following morning.Thats good service for me. The staff were very pleasant and accommodating.
3.In their website I booked for a 2 double bed room but was given otherwise. It was a non-negotiable, though it was just 3 of us we wanted to have a comfier stay anyway their queen size bed is not an extra large queen as what i expected so there is no way will fit in. We were given a choice between the room at the 5th floor with extra bed or the ones at the ground floor with2 double bed but without a balcony. I chose the latter.
4. When I asked Claire, the receptionist that I specifically chose the type of bedroom to book, she said "ganun talaga sa website namin" which didn bother me much anymore since theres another option anyway.
5. I got an email confirmation regarding my booking. I sent another email for the correct names but did not get any response from them. I tried calling their mobile number but it just kept on ringing.
6. Again we arrived at 830 pm but no calls or text from them earlier that day to confirm our arrival.
7. Mobile numbers just kept on ringing.

ROOMS
1. Big enough to have space to run around.
2. there were only 4 pillows in the room with 2 beds. I dont know if this is standard but never have i noticed this in any hotels we stayed in the past. i was being charged with Php 50/pillow. I told them to give it as a bonus anyway we checked in at 830pm already.it was granted.
3.the smell of molds in the room is very evident. traces of unsanitized room. strong smell of laundry soap on the block out curtains.POOR sanitation.
4. the appliances were not clean at all.
5.complete utensils/cookery.
6. at around past 12mn dorrs well slamming, sound of chairs and bed frames being moved were experienced.

I suggest that upon booking an accommodation with them you have to request for another sesh of cleaning and sanitizing the room prior to checking in, especially if you are staying with children.

AMENITIES
1. Only swimming pool.
You can go jogging and trail walking instead or bring board games as you stay in the room.
2. internet is so slow and most of the time not working. we have to use our own
3. their cable provider is Cignal which most of the time not working properly.

FOOD/BREAKFAST
1. they served decent bfast with good selection of foods to choose from. They have breads of 2 kinds, butter, jams. They have Fil dish, fried rice,ulams. They have 3 kinds of fruits, banana, watermelon and pineapple. 3 flavors of cereals. veg salad. coffee, tea, milk, chocolate drink.
2. the dining are for me is not well lighted.
3. staff were nice

CHECK OUT
1. at 11am we were advice if we would like to ask for assistance with luggages as the check out time is 12nn. I requested for a late check out since we checked in late but asked that it is not allowed since they are fully booked and dont have enough staff to clean and prep the room for the next guests.

Overall I gave it a 3 Star to compensate the view I enjoyed during my stay and other staffs who were nice and accommodating. Will I go back, probably not.

Room Tip: Choose the studio double instead of studio queen.Request for room cleaning and santization prior to...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The resort is located in a secluded and large wooded forest with pine trees away from the city's noise and traffic. The buildings are Swiss inspired architecture design situated just at the right places overlooking the canyon and valleys below. Although they have shuttle vans to ferry hotel guests to and from the city center, it is better and more convenient to have your own mode of transportation. The units are about a mile away from the main road and walking is almost impossible since the access roads are on a steep grade. We stayed in a two bedroom suite which made a comfortable stay for a group of 5 adults and 2 children. The place was peaceful and quiet and offers anyone complete rest and relaxation. We did not avail of the swimming pool since it was rather full of floating debris and other foreign material on the floor.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

First impression was wow! The setting is in a beautiful pine forest in a little valley. The architecture of the units and houses looked like those of Switzerland, not that I've been there. We had a 5th floor unit in the main building and our view was so serene looking over the pine forests. The rooms looked great but had its problems. Cable leads for the TVs were not secure and would fall out. The siding door to one balcony was like it had not track to side on and was difficult to open. The a/c in one room was old style from a previous era and the something smelled in the bathroom. Either the drains or the water. Kitchen had all utensils but no tea towels. Even though these small problems it didn't detract from the wonderful experience of something different to the rest of Philippines.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

My family and I decided to stay at one of their 3-bedroom suites. The place was grand and perfect for family bonding. The place was very spacious for a family of 8. I like that every room has its own toilet and bath with two of them with bathtubs. We can also cook our own food though they have a resto. What I love most is the view from our room! There's lot of pine trees as if you're transported to Baguio! The whole place is very picturesque, perfect for family selfies! The staff are always attentive to our needs.

Overall we had a very good stay at Crosswinds and will definetely come back again!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The ambience is superbly beautiful with its Swiss setting and thousands of pine trees. Rented a house thinking it will live up to our expectation. Sadly there were not much amenities to look forward to. Wifi is poor, swimming pool
Is too small. Unless you visit on a Ber month where the cliqmte is cool, better look elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family