“Perfect Summer Getaway!”

Crosswinds Resort Suites
Ranked #4 of 105 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2017

My friends and I stayed at Crosswinds Resort for three days and we did nothing but enjoy the cool breeze of Tagaytay. Pine trees surrounded the hilly resort and we had the perfect hideaway from the bustles of Manila. Our one-bedroom suite had a functional kitchenette with kitchen utensils. The living area had a flat screen TV and comfy lounge chairs. The bedroom had a nice four-poster bed with a romantic sheer drape. We also had a private balcony that provided a panoramic view of Tagaytay. The complimentary breakfast was simple, yet filling. It was a perfect weekend getaway. The only downside on staying at this resort though is that you need to have your own vehicle to easily navigate it. There's a complimentary shuttle service to and fro the main gate but it only goes until six in the evening. Overall, we had a lovely staycation.

Room Tip: The three-bedroom suite is the best!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

First of all let me say that I love the village where this hotel is located. That's the reason I keep coming back. But guess what, the hotel staff does not even check if you're a first timer or a frequenter. The first thing they want you to do is to pay the full amount upon checkin. The breakfast coupon is rationed daily we were told but on our second day we did not get the coupons and I have to ask the recepion for them only to be told to just go straight to the breakfast room. However when we entered the room to eat, the staff asked for the coupons. Anyway, the hotel staff I suspect are all trainees from some school as I see they're not into good customer service yet. I also am amused by the lack of creativity in the breakfast "buffet" with very limited selection - considering Tagaytay is known for fresh fruits and vegetables that are cheap, all this hotel offers are soggy lettuce, pale tomatoes, thin slices of watermelon and bananas. Yesterday at least there's an egg station but today there's none. Inside the room it's the guest who have to think of ways to plug in the microwave oven which is placed atop the ref; the bidet is not working and always grt stuck either in the off or on position. Oh well this is my last stay in this hotel. I think I will not go back for a long time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2017

Currently staying at this resort. My first words are of caution because you need a car firstly for it's out of town location and then once you are inside the gated resort because it is all up and down very steep hills and none of the facilities seem close to each other.

The rooms themselves are fine. Mine has a sleeping are with a double size bed and pliantly of storage facilities, a small dining area with a table for two and a substantial kitchen area plus a small toilet and shower room.

The service is variable. The people at reception are pleasant until something goes wrong and a lot has gone wrong. Then they are very good at smiling and saying they "appreciate my concern" and "thank you for troubling us with your issue" but nothing changes. The other frequently used phrase is "I will just go and consult with my immediate superior" when my request was for a paper clip so there is clearly no empowerment of staff here and probably a rigid management control which does not help the customer experience.

Breakfast is pre-ordered and served in your room. It has been late everyday and has never been what I ordered. Sausages are mandatory and when you are a vegetarian that is quite offensive. The food is cold by the time it arrives and requires reheating in the microwave. I complain each time and am thanked smilingly for "bring it to their attention" but nothing changes.

For some reason they have decided to switch a generator or pump on at 4am or 11pm and it has been just under my window. Yes, you guessed it they "thanked me for letting them know of my concern.

There are no phones in the rooms and no public phones to make a calls. The reception staff were very helpful on this giving me a mobile of letting me use the landline to make my calls. However, not having a phone in the room is archaic in modern hotels and I cannot understand why they have done it.

There are a couple of fair sized pools (only open 8-5) and a very small children's play area.

Room cleaning can be variable in terms of early or very late and coming back from a day out to see that the breakfast leftovers are still there is not inspiring. There was also the need to remind them that they had not replace basics like toilet paper and toiletries.

I do agree with a previous reviewer that the noise of the wall clock does your head in ditto the fridge freezer cutting in and out.

Room Tip: Ask fro floor 3+ and with an open view
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Crosswinds for 2D/1N and all I can say was everything was so worth it! Hotel staff are very courteous and are always smiling to every guests they see. Place and amenities are sulit for the price that I booked thru Traveloka. For my first day all I can think about was how peaceful and how relaxed I am there. I will definitely go back here may be with a couple of friends and family during summer season. Kudos to all the condo/hotel staff pointing to the highest and to the lowest of positions because they all worked hard and are very friendly to all the guests. Even the security guards are so friendly that they can make a small talk or chikahan with their guests while waiting for the shuttle, you can see that they are also enjoying the conversation which is quite nice. Services such as breakfast and shuttle are on time prior to the time that you requested it to be delivered. Crosswinds exceeded my expectations of what I had in my mind during my stay. Expectation versus reality was real - and it was in a glad and fulfilling way. :) rated this 5 stars and a big yes if I will recommend this to my friends and family; the moment I posted my staycation on my Facebook account friends are already asking where is that located and how much are their rates which I gladly answered their inquiries about Crosswinds. :)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Not our first time to stay at this hotel and I could say that there are improvements when it comes to management especially at the reception area and the road signs going to the main quarter.

Do note that this isn't a grand hotel. They have a small reception area and elevator so your waiting time before settling at your assigned room can be extended. No designated parking but their main selling point is the outside environment ~ pine trees, great location for photo op and such. It is very relaxing to walk within the vicinity for a change of scenery. It is best to come here from Nov-Feb to enjoy the cold weather.

Notable pros:
1. Clean, spacious room.
2. Room has functional kitchen.
3. Attentive receptionists. They initially gave us a room at the 2nd floor but when they saw that we have a baby stroller, they reassigned us to a room at the ground floor. This is good since the elevator is small, it wouldn't fit all of us, the stroller and our luggages in one go. Although the receptionist lied to us when I asked why he changed our room. He said it's a better room because it has balcony. LOL. EACH room HAS balcony. Rooms at the higher floors just got better views. We don't mind getting a room from the lower floor though since we have too many things plus it wasn't our first time at the hotel.

Notable cons:
1. Please, please do something about the wallclock! It's very noisy especially at night when we are supposed to be getting a good night sleep.
2. Breakfast buffet has no variety. I say it's not worth their asking price. It is better to just go out of the village and eat elsewhere.
3. Please allow your guests to swim at the pool on the same day of their checkout. The pool area is far from the hotel but near the exit of the village. Our 2 yo son wanted a quick dip in the pool but we do not want to go back to the hotel just to check out and then drive again towards the exit (note that the road within the village is too steep). So we thought we could checkout early and go to the pool area before eventually leaving the property. And so we went to the pool after checking out only to be told off by the caretaker. He said we are prohibited to use the pool because we already checked out. Too bad for our son, who was already wearing his swimwear, the caretaker wouldn't even listen to our explanation. Even after saying that it is only our son who will swim and that we will just guide him from the side of the kiddie pool... It was very frustrating because you're all big about saying how you wanted to serve your guests, blah blah blah but when presented with this kind of situation where you have the chance to really show how much you value your guests, you will just plainly say NO. As I've said, this was not our first time to stay here but it would have been our first time to use the pool. Oh well. That's poor customer service right there.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family