All reviews tagaytay highlands the main road wonderful view of the lake smelled fresh screen door hot water peace and quiet taal volcano pineapple bed and breakfast two thumbs relaxing stay an overnight stay tub balcony privacy tapa
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We stayed last weekend and was looking forward to nice, luxurious room and quiet stay. The location of the hotel is away from the Tagaytay crowds, which is a plus for me, and the view is just fantastic. It's on the highlands so it's very chilly and windy - again, I loved this about the location. Service was good - straightforward, staff were nice and it's easy to make requests. We asked to have breakfast served earlier at 6am (earlier than their usual 7am), and it promptly arrived at 6. That was great.

The room had a great view, with lots of glass doors and windows. It was clean and sheets and towels smelled fresh. However, the hotel is in need of maintenance and general cleaning. There were molds in the veranda and the rails were rusty. There were stains in the tub. In general, it felt more like a business inn rather than a luxury suite as what is I think the hotel is trying to achieve.

It is possible to see the next room due to the glass windows unless you close the curtains, so just be careful if there are occupants in the next room.

The breakfast was sufficient and was good. We also tried dinner one time and while the menu had very limited options, we were happy with the food - reasonably priced with very good quality.

Alta D'Tagaytay was near the hotel and had more options for food, so we also walked and dined there.

Overall, I felt it was too expensive for the hotel, hence the rating. Perhaps when it was new or if it improves on the maintenance, then the price might be worth it.

Room tip: There are only 8 rooms - I believe all rooms had great views. We stayed on the second floor corner, which I preferred.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
jamesapollo965, General Manager at 8 Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi Nikki,

Thanks so much for this genuine review about our service and our place. We really appreciate all your suggestions and comments. We will definitely improve and update our veranda, we are also in the process of doing a minor renovation and general cleaning for our bathroom and some rooms.

Lunch and Dinner menu is limited but we are now considering brining a chef and developing a new menu for the hotel.

Pls expect a better 8 Suites when you get back!

Thanks again and appreciate all your suggestions!

Cheers

David

Reviewed 26 December 2017

If you want a quiet spot away from the traffic and the madding crowd, and with a view of Taal lake and neighboring towns, I recommend this place.

Note though that it's far from the hub of activities in Tagaytay (this is almost at the entrance of Highlands) and you must have a car to access this hotel.

Not a five-star accommodation, but it's value for money.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Thanks for this review! We hope to see you again next time!

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Location: its quite easy to find.
Room amenities : above average. Superior even.
Staff: above average. Very accommodating and kind people
Cost: value for money.
View: splendid. Instagram worthy.
Overall feel: it has a wow factor once you enter the room. The place is very quiet you wont even notice that there are other guests. Will recommend to balikbayans, and for corporate meetings. Two thumbs up.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
jamesapollo965, General Manager at 8 Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Thank you for this awesome review! Appreciate every word of it! Hope we see you soon Cheers!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I really like their resto because of their balcony view over-looking Taal. As usual, the specialty is bulalo. But since I am not fond of beef, I ordered healthier sinigang bangus belly. Superb food, good for 2 at a reasonable price.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Going to this hotel has narrow road with a cliff at the right side as you traverse this hotel. It only has 8 rooms similar to Discovery Country Suites. Price range is a bit pricey. But the hotel staff told me that if I book online in their website they offer a lower rate, Very quiet. Has a nice lobby. I think parking is not enough.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for this awesome review!
Appreciate every word of it!
Hope we see you soon Cheers!

Try to book via our website and check our promos from time to time. Catch the best rates!