“Excellent service”
Review of Khaing Shwe Wha

Khaing Shwe Wha
Ranked #1 of 179 Restaurants in Bagan
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Good English speaking, free fruit and salad and desert.
Monk friendly. Fresh juice is very good!!
Good toilet services.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The place is small, but we had no problems getting a table around 7 pm (it was October, so not the high season). The owners are an adorable family and they kept talking to us making sure everything was fine (as if we needed anything else to make this dinner great).
Some vegetarians restaurants might have you complaining about the lack of options, but this is not the case in Myanmar and definitely not the case here. Even for non-vegs, like me and my friend, the food is absolutely marvelous: we choose several dishes to share among us in order to try to taste as much as we could. I cannot single out one single dish we had so let me just say this: go for anything that waters your mouth. Chances are it's gonna be delicious.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Kain Shwe Wha is near the Ananda Pagoda and quite difficult to find because there are numerous similar shacks around it. This is probably the best place for total immersion into the local cuisine. The friendly and hospitable service team made any effort to understand what we were looking for and brought out nicely prepared dishes of eggplant curry and fried rice at prices that are hard to believe.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this place near the Ananda Temple based on the TA reviews. At first glance, it’s a simple place and we didn’t know what to expect. I think it’s owned by a small family and the lady just had a new born baby. She was carrying the baby whilst walking around the shop. I must say that the family is a genuinely nice one from the husband and wife to the father. I felt they were really nice to us throughout our meal.

Honestly, I lost track of the number of dishes we tried at this place. We ordered four dishes but were surprised when they brought out others complementary for us to try other local delights. What a wonderful gesture on their part and I’m sure this would bring in many more customers for them.

Comments on the dishes as follows:

1. Papaya salad - there was good flavour and lots of crunch. Tastes different to the Thai variant but worth a try

2. Corn with coconut milk - another interesting dish. Never had corn this way before and it’s kinda nice. It was good eating this dish on it’s own as it doesn’t really go well with rice.

3. Vegetables curry - this is the dish closest to what I’m familiar with, taste-wise. Happy to order this every day.

4. Tomatoes and peanut curry - there was absolutely nothing inside. Everything has been blended into a purée form. First time having a curry dish like that. I definitely prefer having something tangible in my curry

Overall, the dishes were nice enough for a meat lover like me to go vegetarian. While I don’t think I could do it every single day for the rest of my life, I sure could do vegetarian days once a week. Give this place a try and see if you like it

1  Thank Blue_Man_Alejandro
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It was because of a review in a blog with that exact heading that lead us here, and we are so glad it did! The food is just delicious, we are vegetarian so glad to find the perfect place to eat with a great menu! Wonderful staff too, ever so friendly and always smiling So thank you!