Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jorge F

Terrible experience !

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Feb 2024
The room was good and the pool also. But it stops there.
First, there are constant electricity cuts, despite they have a generator.
Second, upon arrival I agreed with the manager for a e-bike rental, for the 2 and half days we were staying in Bagan. Price per day was 15.000 ks but we agreed to make it 30.000 ks for the whole 2 ½ days. But after 1 ½ days they started saying I had to pay 33.000 ks and more 15.000 ks for the last day. We quarrelled because they were breaking the deal, and in the end I gave back the e-bike that day and paid 20.000 ks.
Third, breakfast was very bad, in the 2nd day I took one of their noodles dish, it came cold and certainly prepared a while ago. I got a violent diarrhoea that night, continuing the following day. And I had been eating Myanmar food everywhere since a week ago and it was all good.
Fourth, we booked through the hotel for a bus from Bagan to Nyaungshwe (Inle Lake). I was told it was a good bus, with aircon, etc, and paid 40.000 ks per person. The day we were leaving a rotten pick up bus arrived, I was thinking it was just the pickup taking us to the big bus. But no, that rotting van, dirty, with no space for the legs, no aircon, was the bus itself. Moreover, at the station they loaded and loaded it with boxes, bags, everything we can imagine, inside, over the top, and they filled it with people. For a trip of 8h !
And they left us at the road to Taunggyi, 15km from Nyaungshwe and we had to take a taxi for more 20.000 ks. This bus company, Bagan Minn Thar is a whole scam, be aware !
Just for comparison, we booked a trip from Inle lake to Yangon, in a VIP bus, a trip of 14h, for 35.000 ks per person.
I know the hotel is not directly responsible for all this, but they have to know what the others are proposing and doing, and avoid being the middlemen with scammers and restaurants which serve spoiled food.
Date of stay: February 2024
    AU$22
    AU$20
8.4 km from Ostello Bello Bagan
View more hotels in Bagan
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 May 2020

This was my favorite hostel in Myanmar!!! I stayed here 3 nights. Booked the private room as I wanted to splurge for my 36th birthday. Great decision! Clean, comfortable room. Friendly staff! Delicious restaurant on site and the bar was very convenient! I met so many amazing people here from all over the world. The activities and free tours they provide made everything so easy (esp for solo travelers). I was able to sign up the day before. I did the free Bagan tour, Mt. Popa tour, sunset boat trip on my birthday which was the highlight!! We had such a fun time on the boat, drinking and dancing. Gorgeous sunset. By the end of the evening, we were like family. The staff even provided a birthday cake and sang "happy birthday!" along with all my new friends at the hostel. If you want to rent motorbikes, there is a place right next to the hostel. Very cheap. Location is excellent! You are on the main road so lots of restaurants and a place to exchange money (inside a grocery store). There are 2 massage places within walking distance too. Have fun and enjoy! Thank you Ostello Bello for such a memorable birthday!!!

Room tip: Pay extra for private room! 100% worth it
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 1 March 2020

This place was great. The staff was friendly- from walking in bone weary and exhausted to getting up crazy early, I always encountered a cheerful and friendly staff person. All I had to do was ask a question and they helped out right away. I would book this place again in a heartbeat- clean, friendly, and really cool in and of itself! And the mopeds were right outside the front door to use. Many restaurants were nearby to walk to.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank danielsch1229
Reviewed 26 February 2020

Just before our trip to Bagan we have booked one of the cheapest hotels in town for two night. It turned out to be a huge mistake: after an overnight bus trip at 2AM we got a room made out of shipping container without windows, without hot water, terrible mattress and mold smell, barely could get asleep. Despite booking for 2 nights (non-refundable booking), in the morning we checked out ant went to Ostello Bello, and now it looks one of the best decisions made on this vacation. Seconds after entering the lobby we were offered a proper coffee. As they had the room available, and we looked exhausted after sleepless night, we got a complimentary early check-in. When we stepped into the room, it was no question we are saved – spotless clean and spatious room, large bed with comfy matress, and the hot shower with the proper pressure.
As they have a travel desk, and we already learned a lesson about spontaneous bookings, in the next hour we have made the most of the bookings for the rest of the trip, such as bus tickets, trekking tour. OB have tours every day, a free guided city tours on e-bikes, which was fantastic and exiting experience.
We also have spent the afternoon at the pool at Ostello Bello Bagan Pool – friendly staff (special thanks to Nyein Nyein). Those experiences left no doubt we need to choose Ostello Bello Inle Lake for the last leg of the trip.
In conclusion, you get A LOT for the price you pay at OB, it is totally worth every penny!

1  Thank Raimonda K
Reviewed 30 January 2020 via mobile

I spent 3 nights there in a shared room. The place is clean, staff always smiling and ready to help you, food is good and the atmosphere is pretty cool !

I also tryed the Ostello Bello Mandalay and it was all the same !

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Jérôme P
Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

I liked this place but after Song of Travel, its hard for a hostel to compete with. Its nice, they are friendly, have nice tours (sunset boat trip was amazing!). Room was clean. Breakfast was fine. I think they had a good concept in the beginning but it felt a bit less passionate then when they started. Its still a good hostel where the price is worth it. Do not go to the motorbike rental at the stall at the entrance of the hostel. Just walk a bit further down the street, cross the road, theres a small stall with motorbikes (half the price)

Trip type: Travelled solo