Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Visanou B
Luang Prabang, Laos

Do not rent motorbike next to the hostel ( definitely 1 min away you can rent it for 4000 kyat )

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 July 2017via mobile
The motorbike place next to the hostel is totally ripped off. The motorbike place next to the hostel the price is depends on how stupid you are I guess, yesterday I rented was 6000 kyat small one and big one was 8000 ( they will always give you a higher price then if you said too expensive they will tell you to ask the hostel, I'm not so sure if they are a part of the hostel).

The next morning when I woke up early morning to rent a motorbike to see the sunrise, the guy told me 7000 kyat for a small one and 12000 for the a big one. I told him I rented 8000 for a big one yesterday and he asked me what time, said 8 am and he asked me back what time is it right now( which was 4:30am )

Anyway you definitely can rent for just 4000 kyat at the other place which like one min walk, you definitely can use it as much as you want but have to return at 8pm as the place next to the hostel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Bungalow!!
7.9 km from Ostello Bello Bagan
7.8 km from Ostello Bello Bagan
View more hotels in Bagan
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Worldwide chained hostel - Ostello Bello is the most favorite place for expat and young travelers around the world.
Clean room, Nice space and friendly staff...depends on the shift. Some are happy to help you everything but some may not..
By the way, I still guarantee it's the best place to stay in Bagan.
Closed to restaurant (Pizza, Asian food ---> try the one called Seven Sisters)
JUST only one concern if you want to buy the city tour or book the bus to another city i.e. Mandalay.
PLEASE DO NOT BOOK/BUY ANYTHING WITH THE AGENT WHICH THEY HAVE A KIOSK NEXT TO THE HOSTEL.
Those guys are tricky.
To be save, Please book with the hostel directly :)

Room tip: Worth the money and clean
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MaySuprapatanant
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

A group of us stayed at the Ostello in Bagan during our short stay here. It is a typical hostel set up with dorm style accommodation. We were in a 6 bed dorm with attached bathroom. The room was clean and functional with each bunk having a lockable compartment underneath for you to place ur bag safely. The hostel had a friendly atmosphere with free tea/ coffee and pasta at set times of the day. The staff were approachable with varied knowledge of the locality. You are expected to pay a deposit for your key and towel on check in (this is pretty standard). If you are looking for a clean well located hostel then this is the place for you.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

The hostel was great. The rooms were bog and clean and there were a lot of tours arranged by the hostel, some of them even for free. But the best part of all was the staff. I forgot my phone, when I was in the pick up to the bus station I realised this. Then I called the hostel and nana and wincha immediately searched for it and jumped on a motor bike to bring the phone to the bus station. They even called the bus agency to wait until they arrived with the phone. Then they wanted nothing in return. Thus this is the only way to thank them. So thank you nana and wincha!

1  Thank PienvC
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I loved everything about it! The atmosphere, the rooms are big, well designed and clean! Best hostel I have ever stayed in my life. The Ostello Bello Bagan is a class above the rest of the top hostels in the world. The location is great for exploring all the temples. The food and breakfast are great. The atmosphere was amazing, the coolest travellers go to Ostello Bello, great integration activities too. The beds were great. The staff helped us transfer nights from Ostello Bello Mandalay to stay more in Bagan. Nyein was very kind and accomodating, Yin was super nice and helpful.

Could not recomend this hostel enough!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

As a solo female traveler I felt like this was a great hostel choice for me. After only 30 minutes there I made friends with a few other solo travelers and had a blast for the few days I was there. This was the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed in, but i feel it was worth it for the service and atmosphere.

Services: The staff at the hostel were great with providing recommendations and tips for where to go for lunch and dinner and which of the temples they liked the best. There's a place just in front of the hostel where you can rent e-bikes for a full day or half day. I definitely recommend this for getting around the sites. There is a place just in front of the hostel, but also another one across the street that was a tad bit cheaper even. Maybe 4,000 kyat ($3-4 USD) for half day and 6,000 for full day. It was so much fun. They also organize group trips for sunset and sunrise. If you don't want to trek down to the bus station and try to figure things out there by yourself...they will book your trip for you at the reception desk. I'm not sure if they even charge you extra for that or not...if they did, it is barely noticeable. And it helps you avoid the chaos of the bus terminals there. They will also arrange your transportation to and from the bus terminal.

Rooms: I stayed in an 8 bed mixed room with an ensuite bathroom. The beds were more comfortable than I was expecting and everything seemed pretty clean (note, the town is pretty much all dirt roads and all the pathways in and around the site are sand, so there's understandably going to be a lot of sand being tracked in and out of the hostel and rooms). There are security lockers in the rooms, and they are a pretty decent size.

Atmosphere: the hostel organizes a lot of group activities. There was a surprising number of solo travelers staying there when I was there. They have a bar at the hostel and a nice patio area. One of the nights I was there we played trivia. The staff member who did it was a lot of fun and very helpful. Can't remember his name just that he was from Belgium. I met so many people from all over the world and we all hung out together for a few hours and had so much fun. The town isn't big at all, so outside of the archaeological site there's not much going on after about 8pm.

I would highly recommend this hostel, and the sister one in Mandalay. The Bagan one is better but they're both nice. Only advice would be to book early because I noticed the price increased the closer it got to the dates I was traveling.

Date of stay: February 2017