Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Caroline
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

The staff was so nice, nana and wincha thank you!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 July 2017via mobile
The hostel was great. The rooms were bog and clean and there were a lot of tours arranged by the hostel, some of them even for free. But the best part of all was the staff. I forgot my phone, when I was in the pick up to the bus station I realised this. Then I called the hostel and nana and wincha immediately searched for it and jumped on a motor bike to bring the phone to the bus station. They even called the bus agency to wait until they arrived with the phone. Then they wanted nothing in return. Thus this is the only way to thank them. So thank you nana and wincha!
Date of stay: July 2017
Bungalow!!
7.9 km from Ostello Bello Bagan
7.8 km from Ostello Bello Bagan
View more hotels in Bagan
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I loved everything about it! The atmosphere, the rooms are big, well designed and clean! Best hostel I have ever stayed in my life. The Ostello Bello Bagan is a class above the rest of the top hostels in the world. The location is great for exploring all the temples. The food and breakfast are great. The atmosphere was amazing, the coolest travellers go to Ostello Bello, great integration activities too. The beds were great. The staff helped us transfer nights from Ostello Bello Mandalay to stay more in Bagan. Nyein was very kind and accomodating, Yin was super nice and helpful.

Could not recomend this hostel enough!

Date of stay: July 2017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

As a solo female traveler I felt like this was a great hostel choice for me. After only 30 minutes there I made friends with a few other solo travelers and had a blast for the few days I was there. This was the most expensive hostel I've ever stayed in, but i feel it was worth it for the service and atmosphere.

Services: The staff at the hostel were great with providing recommendations and tips for where to go for lunch and dinner and which of the temples they liked the best. There's a place just in front of the hostel where you can rent e-bikes for a full day or half day. I definitely recommend this for getting around the sites. There is a place just in front of the hostel, but also another one across the street that was a tad bit cheaper even. Maybe 4,000 kyat ($3-4 USD) for half day and 6,000 for full day. It was so much fun. They also organize group trips for sunset and sunrise. If you don't want to trek down to the bus station and try to figure things out there by yourself...they will book your trip for you at the reception desk. I'm not sure if they even charge you extra for that or not...if they did, it is barely noticeable. And it helps you avoid the chaos of the bus terminals there. They will also arrange your transportation to and from the bus terminal.

Rooms: I stayed in an 8 bed mixed room with an ensuite bathroom. The beds were more comfortable than I was expecting and everything seemed pretty clean (note, the town is pretty much all dirt roads and all the pathways in and around the site are sand, so there's understandably going to be a lot of sand being tracked in and out of the hostel and rooms). There are security lockers in the rooms, and they are a pretty decent size.

Atmosphere: the hostel organizes a lot of group activities. There was a surprising number of solo travelers staying there when I was there. They have a bar at the hostel and a nice patio area. One of the nights I was there we played trivia. The staff member who did it was a lot of fun and very helpful. Can't remember his name just that he was from Belgium. I met so many people from all over the world and we all hung out together for a few hours and had so much fun. The town isn't big at all, so outside of the archaeological site there's not much going on after about 8pm.

I would highly recommend this hostel, and the sister one in Mandalay. The Bagan one is better but they're both nice. Only advice would be to book early because I noticed the price increased the closer it got to the dates I was traveling.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

We had a private room and it was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and they gave some good tips about nice tempels to visit. They also organize excursions. This is a good place to stay of you want to discover Bagan and meet other backpackers.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights in June.

The rooms are clean and the atmosphere is good. However the staff seems disinterested and sometimes straight up rude.

Because the hostel is so popular they don't offer much discount during the low season, while some of the big resorts are heavily discounted. This means that for a couple dollars more than the price of a dorm room here, you can get a private room at a resort. I'd recommend doing that and just visiting in the evening for the atmosphere.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Geert B
Reviewed 21 June 2017

perfect for:
solo or groups, people who like meeting people and explorers

Good;
- rooms, clean and cheap
-great space downstairs
-great location
-great vibe
-great rooftop
-fun and kind staff
-organise events and get people together
-rent ebikes from next door and get washing done at same time

one of my favorite places I've stayed in SE Asia

To consider:
- do you like free tea and coffee?!

Date of stay: July 2016