All reviewstwo cans of beere bikeearly in the morningwalking distancerecommend this hotelswimming poolanandminibargymrentalprosconsasiatemplebikessunrisetaxi
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Firstly I would like to say, “No amount of words can convey how much we enjoyed our stay/stays at Ananta Bagan”.

This review is written after my second stay at Ananta Bagan. After visiting Bagan and Ananta Bagan by myself in November 2017 I simply could not allow my wife not to experience the caring, attentiveness and welcoming nature that the Ananta Bagan Staff gave to me on my first trip. It must be said that Bagan is beautiful and the reason why people visit, but it is the place you call home and the people you meet while you’re away that keeps you going back. So 3 months later we, as a couple, returned.

Finally my wife got to see what I had been raving about for the last 3 months. If I was blown away by the level of customer caring on my first trip, our second trip exceeded all expectations. My wife was simply astounded at the care and attention that the Ananta Bagan Team gave us. We are not hardcore travelers but have stayed at but have stayed at our fair share of hotels within Asia. I can say without doubt that Ananta Bagan is by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Yes, if you stay in 5 Star you generally receive exceptional customer care because that is what you pay for. It is such a nice feeling to get the same level of care and attentiveness when it is not bought but genuine. This is what sets Ananta Bagan ahead of the rest.

Staff conversed with because they were genuinely interested in us and our holiday. We were greeted each morning and asked what our plans for the day were. Breakfast was either buffet or menu depending on how many guests were staying at the hotel. On the days when it was a menu option for breakfast, the quantity of food that was delivered was enough to satisfy 4 people! Not a bad thing when you are fueling up to spend a day on the Ebikes you can rent from Ananta Bagan. Our morning conversations with the lovely waitresses (especially Naideen) made us feel as if we were not just guests but people that they/she genuinely cared about. Our daily adventures concluded by being greeted at the entrance of the hotel followed by genuine interest on where we had visited or what pagodas we had seen and suggestions for the proceeding day.

The hotel is a quaint boutique hotel with the most welcoming and giving Staff and Management that I have ever encountered. The hotel consists of 24 rooms and on both occasions that I have stayed, I have felt (or I have been made to feel) as if I’m the only and most important guest there. On many occasions we had the whole pool to ourselves. The pool is just the right temperature to cool off after a long day visiting pagodas. Coupled with daily happy hour, it is a perfect end to a perfect day in Bagan.

“To the Ananta Bagan Team,
Do not stop or change what you are doing. Your approach to customer care and satisfaction is second to none. You have all made our holidays in Bagan such a memorable and cherished experience. You all set the standard for other hotels and hotel employees aspire to become. I cannot think of one thing I would change.

Our thanks goes out to everybody at Ananta Bagan, from the gardeners, cleaners, waitresses, front desk staff and Management. That being said, I extend a special thanks to Mr Kyaw Kyaw, Wen Men Htut, Yan Naing and Sann. We conversed with these guys nearly every day and they ensured I had everything I needed for the day in order to make my adventures memorable.
Put simply, thank you Ananta Bagan Team for everything.

Ooops. Forgot to mention restaurants and pagodas are very close to Ananta Bagan.

Room Tip: Room 211 looks straight out onto the pool. All rooms have huge balconies
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank raemansfield
Amz R, Guest Relations Manager at Ananta Bagan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear raemansfield,

It was wonderful to welcome you back and we are delighted we lived up to your expectations on this return visit.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and it is a great motivation factor for all of Ananta Bagan Team.
It was a pleasure to receive your compliment about our staff, level of our services, breakfast, ebikes service, hotel design, swimming pool as well as great location.
We were so happy to learn that you enjoyed the service experience with our Ananta Bagan Team. We will make sure to share your comments with Nadi Soe, Mr Kyaw Kyaw, Win Min Htut, Yan Naing, Sann Htike and surely they will be equally excited that you have enjoyed so much.
Once again, thank you so much for your stay with us and we certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back to your Bagan home next time you are visiting.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

It his by far my favorite hotel in Myanmar, the staff was really friendly and really effective and everything you ask for the help you.
The room was just perfect and really clean and as well really good location you have many restaurants outside and with the bikes the have in the hotel you can just visit everything around.
I will highly recommend this hotel! Really nice experience!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Amz R, Guest Relations Manager at Ananta Bagan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear SilviaGrau93,

Thank you for the review, it is great to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.
We are very pleased you found our staff friendly, effective and helpful.
Thank you for your great comments about our perfect and clean room, good location, and bikes.
Once again, thank you for your recommendation and staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time again.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel offers nice service, good food and comfortable rooms in the garden. Pool could be bigger but considering the small size of the hotel is ok. Hotel offers e-bike rental service at 10.000ks/4 hours ; 15.000ks/8 hours. Meal price is a little bit higher than restaurant outside but food quality is very good. Last but not least hotel is conveniently located between Nyang U and Old Bagan out of tourist crowd. I recommend this hotel for the good value/money ratio.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank GreyEyes71

Dear GreyEyes71,

Thank you for the great review of your stay at Ananta Bagan.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed our service levels, good food and comfortable rooms.
Thanks for highlighting our e-bike rental service.
Also, thank you very much for the kind words regarding the pool, food quality of the restaurant as well as our location.
We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is truly lovely, great location too. The staff are all so friendly, helpful and attentive. It really is an oasis of calm away from everything but close enough at the same time. We ate in the restaurant the first night and it was very good and the breakfast was also superb, lots of choice for both local and foreign travellers.

The hotel also has a lovely pool which is great for relaxing after a hard day of temple and pagoda visits. The hotel also has a gym which I used for my yoga sessions, loads of space and air conditioning.

Our room was also huge and very clean, I think the hotel is only about a year old.

If you get the opportunity to visit Bagan then do stay here you will not be disappointed.

My only slight niggle and this is probably true of most hotels worldwide is that if you get the hotel to arrange taxi or transfers it generally works out more expensive so I suggest you go outside the hotel to book things.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Amz R, Guest Relations Manager at Ananta Bagan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear LaraMark,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review and for sharing your Ananta Bagan experience.
All are great motivation factors for our Ananta Bagan team.
We are pleased to know you had an enjoyable experience with us such as great location of our lovely hotel, and our friendly, helpful an attentive staff.
The Kitchen Team is particularly excited about the comments on the breakfast.
Thanks also for highlighting our swimming pool, gym, spacious and clean rooms.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back in near future.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

We spent few nights here and this was my favourite hotel in Myanmar!
It's like a village in Bagan, the buildings are beautiful and have characters. The staff is really polite, nice and helpful; they smile all the time.
The breakfast had big selection we were always full.
You can rent their bikes free, the mini bar is free in some level and we felt very looked after.
I would highly recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ItsAaronS
Amz R, Guest Relations Manager at Ananta Bagan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear ItsAaronS,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of our Ananta Bagan.
We are very pleased to read that you had enjoyed our beautiful hotel, service levels, variety of breakfast and your stay with us.
We are also glad to hear that you found the staff polite, nice and helpful.
We sure that this feedback would serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Once again thanks for your recommendation and we genuinely hope that we would have the opportunity to welcome you back with our best services in near future.