1,304 results
All reviewsananda templeold baganlocal restaurantsbe kind to animalslovely hotelrooms are largeswimming poolan oasisopen airmajor templesthree nightshorse cartlobby arealovely poolbreakfast buffetdeluxe roomballoon ride
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

An oasis of peace in the heart of Old Bagan. The location is perfect at walking distance to the most beautiful temples of Bagan. Rooms are clean, large so are the swimming pool and the restaurant. Personnel very kind and friendly. Not very cheap but recommend for a romantic escape.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Kyaw H, Manager at The Hotel at Tharabar Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear AlessandroMazzoli2

Thank you for giving time of sharing your kind feedback about The Hotel @ Tharabar Gate an oasis of peace in the heart of Old Bagan. We learned that you are enjoying our location , Housekeeping rooms cleaning is tip top , Our room are high ceiling and wide enough feel great atmosphere indeed. We are very delighted that you got personal touch with kind and friendly staff. Thank you for the trip-advisor reader recommendation of The Hotel @ Tharabar Gate ( www.tharabargate.com ) for a romantic escape as we aiming for. I will share your kind review with Tharabar Gate' team for sure.

We hope to see you again at Bagan very soon!

Warm regards
Kyaw Hein & Tharabar Gtae team

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Ok so there are good things about this hotel: great location (very central!), great restaurant (huge menu), staff and hotel manager were very friendly and courteous.

However, overall we were disappointed by this hotel for two main reasons. Firstly the pool was under restoration and there was noisy building work of it every single day between 8-6 (although it didn’t affect our sleep - it was extremely noisy and dusty in the eating area.) It’s disappointing we were not even informed of this restoration before booking as the pool was a big reason why we chose the hotel in the first place..

Secondly, the hotel seemed to DOUBLE the price of everything; here are some examples:
1. Day trip around Bagan (Taxi number at airport charges 40,000 Myanmar Vs. hotel 75,000 Myanmar)
2. Day trip to Mount Popa (Taxi number at airport charges 40,000 Myanmar Vs. hotel 80,000 Myanmar)
3. Taxi to/ from airport (Taxi number at airport charges 7,000 Myanmar Vs. Hotel 14,000 Myanmar)

Overall do not book any taxis / day trips from the hotel - it’s a rip off! We used Myo a taxi that we found when we arrived at Nyaung-U who we would recommend (send me a message if you want his number.)

So even though the hotel has good points, for us these two reduced our overall stay and therefore experience in Bagan.

NB: we only realised when we got to Bagan balloon rides only take off during 6 months of the year and you can’t climb any pagodas (new law recently passed) so photo opportunities are quite limited for good panoramas of Bagan!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear Peter O

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking time to share your feedback with us here in trip advisor. Your constructive comments are much appreciated for future improvements for the The Hotel @ Tharabar Gate that we always aiming for - I will definitely discuss this with the team.

We hope to welcome you back in near future.

Kyaw Hein & The Tharabar Gate's team

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel. Establishment is kept in pristine shape. People were cordial and attentive. The facility guide, Min Min, shared some great tips and I felt like I got the most out of my two days there. I will defiantly come back with my future wife.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank Camper774862
Kyaw H, Manager at The Hotel at Tharabar Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your recent stay and giving time to share your experience on trip advisor. We are very glad to hear that you had a great time at The Hotel @ Tharabar Gate in Old Bagan. We impressed that our staff were cordial and attentive and also Min Min. The staff at the Tharabar Gate Hotel are awaiting and we are ready for welcoming back your return trip to be able to wish "Happy Honeymoon" soon

Kyaw Hein & Tharabar Gate' team

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Firstly, I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to the Tharabar team (especially the Front Desk & Bell Team, Housekeeping Team, Restaurant Team, Spa Team and Security Team) for taking great care of me throughout my stay. Service touch points are excellent and impressive, and I agree that the team is very well trained.

Additionally, I'm very impressed by the team's highest level of service, which they make every effort to assist/serve you to their best ability. This is probably one of the top properties I truly enjoy staying and will return to stay for future visits in Bagan!

In particular, special mentions to the following team members who have created the WOW factor and have definitely surpassed my expectations.

Thanks to Moh Moh (Front office - morning shift) for assisting me with all the requests from spa booking, airport transfer, to the miscellaneous requests. She went the extra mile to ensure my every request was attended to, and everything went smoothly for me.

Thanks to Ei Ei Mon (Front Office - afternoon shift) for recognising me, as she would always greet me and prepare the room key for me - everytime I return to hotel. Ei Ei is awesome!

Thanks to Ki Duan/Ti Duan (Spa Therapist) for the quality and professional massage treatment. That was absolutely relaxing and I would highly recommend her to be your spa therapist! Ki Duan is great!

Thanks to Aung Aung Oo (Security Officer), who first approached me on the first day of my arrival, and provided me a map when I needed help, to highlight the places of interest to visit. Throughout my stay, whenever I leave or return to property, he would approach me and asked how was my day. He also recommended a good dining place for dinner on my last night in Bagan. Aung is a very friendly and service oriented individual.

They are the greatest assets to the hotel and I truly appreciate their kindness and them for creating unforgettable memories. I do hope they will get to see these compliments!

Secondly, the room, which is clean, spacious, and the interior beautifully designed. It has all the amenities I needed, and they are of the best quality. Most importantly, I would say it brings you the feeling of being "home away from home". You would love to stay in the room all day, as much as I do.

Thirdly, the hotel facilities which are well run and maintained.

Lastly, breakfast buffet is excellent! Many options to choose from and most importantly, they keep you full and satisfied!

Overall, The Hotel at Tharabar Gate should deserve a 5-star status for meeting/surpassing all expectations, as well as the highly service oriented and friendly staff.

I may have come alone, but I will be back in the future... for my honeymoon. Looking forward to return to Bagan and the Hotel at TG!

Leo (#501)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Leolwll
gm tharabargate t, General Manager at The Hotel at Tharabar Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear LeoLwll,

Thank you for your lovely and kind review and taken the time to share your recent experience with our future guests.

We are thrilled and delighted to learn you enjoyed your overall stay and that we exceeded your expectations thoughout your stay with us - your kind words towards our Hotel & facilities will be with great pleasure shared with the entire team and indeed to Moh Moh, Ei Ei Mon, Ki Duan & Aung Aung Oo - all part of the Tharabar Signature Hospitality - to make each guests feel home away from home!

Once again - thank you for choosing the Tharabar Gate Hotel as your preferred Hotel in Bagan and we already looking forward to welcome you back for another memorable & enjoyable stay with us - The Tharabar Family!

Ernst & Team

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The location for the hotel was perfect - we were right next to all the best temples and sights. Our room was huge and very clean. The pool was nice and the staff very friendly. There really
Is no better place to stay in Bagan! We enjoyed it

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 3jem903
gm tharabargate t, General Manager at The Hotel at Tharabar Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear 3jem903,

Thank you for your lovely and kind review and it was our great pleasure to welcome you back as our return guest - we are delighted to learn you enjoyed our Hotel & Facilities.

I am very pleased you highlighted our friendliness of our staff - as I believe they are our biggest asset of the Tharabar Gate Hotel, Old Bagan.

We hope to welcome you back again - in the not too distant future.

Ernst & Team