“Hands down best food in Bagan!”

Be Kind to Animals The Moon
Ranked #17 of 182 Restaurants in Bagan
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I'm surprised by the low ranking for one of the best restaurants in Bagan (I'm adding this review just because they do deserve the top spot.) Being the busiest and most popular restaurants in Bagan, I can see if once in a while, someone doesn't receive top service. But the abundant of different vegetarian dishes is a vegetarian's heaven. I'm the type of person that likes to eat somewhere new all the time, but we ended up at this restaurant everyday, it was that good! I only wish they had a location near my home!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,991)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I came in today for lunch, but they happenned to be closed for 10 days, for a religious festival. However, when they saw how disapointed I was when they told me the only other vegan place was also closed they invited me in anyway for a "set menu". The food was local, vegan, and out of this world. I had daal, curry, rice, fermented tea salad, spicy peanuts... they insisted to give me soft drinks as well... all that free of charge. At the end when I asked if I could make a donation, they refused. Such welcoming people give Burma a good name. I loved Bagan, and this restaurant experience was one of the highlights of my stay.
Thank you again for this meal.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The current ranking of this restaurant (#18 in Bagan) definitely doesn't do it justice. I'd easily rank it among the top two in the city after an excellent lunch there. Several options that will make even a non-vegetarian happy, including delicious juices. Great setting and very good service as well. Must try in Bagan.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We had food here after reading the fantastic reviews. Its a definitely a great place for vegetarians. The food is very fresh and tasty. Of course, Yar Pyi opposite is more tasty and wins hands down, but this has more variety in food and definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went to The Moon twice. It’s got a lot of different curry options and also many vegetarian and vegan options that are usually hard to get in south east Asia like Kebap or tzatziki.
The juices are great too. Service is friendly and fast .