USD 44
USD 102
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 December 2014

I stayed one night but it was a good experience. Clean room with all the amenities. Rich buffet breakfast and dinner. Staff speak a little English but enough to understand the main issues. Good Speed for the wifi in the room.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2014

stayed here for one night and it a little far from the centre of taiyuan,stuff here is nice and
showed me many valuable info about this city.Room was also comfortable and food was great.
Do not forget to try Daoxiao noodle ,which is the symbol of shanxi.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location, on a wide commercial street very close to of plenty of restaurants and shops. Ideal for an evening walk.
The hotel is very good, clean with good amenities, would save it is five star.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful and friendly like most hotels we've been in China.
Breakfast was good but not so much selection compared to other hotels of the same class in China.
Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2011

No one in the hotel speaks English. They take your deposit and passport details as usual when you arrive, but then check everytime you want to sign that you have sufficient 'credit' I had to go to the front desk when I had visitors to pay the bill as I had exceeded my deposit. I had to pay a room service bill in cash (or go down to the front desk and pay).They treat you as if you are going to sneak off without paying. The person answering the phone in the restaurant doesn't even speak enough English to recognise the word reservation or to give me tea at breakfast!

It is probably very nice if you speak Chinese, but if you don't, I strongly recommend staying at a more international hotel.

To make things worse I contacted the head office to see if the payment issue could be resolved (before my guests arrived). I am still waiting for any sort of acknowledgement 5 days later. They don't really care about your experience, just taking your money. One to avoid!

Room Tip: Make sure you specify no smoking when you book. My first one stank, but they did move me when I asked.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank chinaprof
Reviewed 27 May 2010

The local person I was meeting said the Metropark is the best hotel in town at the moment and I saw no evidence to the contrary. The staff tried very hard to please and were super friendly.

My room was quite small but functional. There was a persistent smell of something like lacquer that I could not get to go away. Opening the windows was a bad idea due to the mosquitoes outside.

I explored the western restaurant buffet but settled on vegetable fried rice and brocolli at the Chinese restaraunt. I was very happy with the food I ordered and the staff were very helpful in getting me the order the way I wanted.

Quite funny to me is the beach theme at the hotel. The western restaurant is decorated in beach theme and the staff other than the front desk staff were wearing Hawaiin shorts and t-shirts.

Wireless internet was free and had adequate speed.

Would I go to this hotel or Taiyuan if I didn't need to be in Taiyuan? No. But for a place to stay while needing to be there this fit the bill.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business