USD 65
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2015 via mobile

- they do not deserve the international title IMHO. breakfast had no toasts and no coffee. But by begging the waiter they prepared me some coffee. On 60 TV channels only 1 is non Chinese and sound was barely audible on this particular one. Common bathrooms are not on international standards ( no seats). My room carpet would need a change and bathroom could need a refresh as well.

+ awesome service from all employees in hotel. There is downstairs a cafe bene that serves coffee. Breakfast had like 5 different congee types and around 20+. Chinese dishes ! Room was clean and with good toilets. Overall services extremely fast despite a poor English.
I took their executive suite advertised at 45m2 but most probably only 25m2. It was enough for me and my wife.
I would recommend this hotel as a very solid 4 stars.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

While traveling from Beijing to Wutaishan, I took fast train from Beijing. The hotel I had booked near Wutaishan wanted 1000 rmb to pick me up as hotel is 50 miles n of Tiayuan. I cancelled the reservation as they advertised shuttle service from airport on Booking.com, who were not helpful when I complained hiring a taxi is not a shuttle service.

I asked cab driver to take me to first 4 or 5 star hotel that could speak English. He brought me here to regroup. I was going to ask to use wireless to book another room. The desk manager showed me the rate card, twice what I was paying before, so I said no, and she upgraded me to a business suite for same price as first hotel.

As with all Chinese hotels bring your own coffee. McDonals's next door is helpful for the coffee less. The breakfast is not bad. For Chinese breakfast buffet. Staff tries at English, but do not travel to central or north China and expect anyone to speak English except at western 4 or 5 star. They always having English speaking staff.

The hotel also arranged a driver for me to go to Wutaishan (3 hours one way) and wait for me and bring me back for 1200 rmb. You see the villa in Wutaishan would have charged you 1000 to get there and another 1000 to get back to Taiyuan. He was excellent, good road, good driver, no English. I recommend visiting the area from Taiyuan rather than Datong. Road much safer.

Room Tip: Event other floor is a smoking floor. Ask if you want non smoking.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Near the train station,walk distance to Wuyi square and downtown,easy to find restraunt anytime you want.
Hotel itself just normal,the great point is their service.My every ask got responsed as soon as they can.Free fruit service was so sweet and the breakfast was worth a try.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank ginobobo
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was at this hotel for about two days and it was a very pleasent stay. The hotel is a 10 to 15 min walk from the train station. All you have to do when coming out is just walk strait and you will see the hotel on the left side of the road. If you don't feel like walking to it just take any of the buses (I took 611 because that was the most common one and it stops right in front). The hotel staff don't speak very good English but they do know some words and check in and out was very easy and quick. Though I booked online with a good price, when I arrived they lowered the price about a hundred RMB because they were having a sale (at least thats what I understood from the Chinese explaination). That was a pleasent surprise and I loved it. All the staff are very nice and if you can understand talking with hands and a little chinese you can get all your problems solved very fast.

The breakfest was very good. There was a lot of options even some western choices. So if your a picky eater you should have no issue eatting here. I am not sure what lunch and dinner is like at the hotel because I often ate out but if it is anything like breakfest it sure to be just as good. If you don't feel like eating in the hotel then there is a McDonalds, KFC, and Pizza hut right along the building.

The room I stayed in was a single room and it was kinda small but it worked for my stay there. It had a very clean bathroom and room (though the bathroom needs to be updated it looks a little old). The temperature of the room was good and if I got to hot I could turn the temperature down. What I liked though was the free fruit basket every day and the turn down service. It was nice to come back from exploring the city and have the room set up already for me. All in all I though this hotel was very nice and the convience of the bus stop outside for exploration and the service this hotel provided was a winner for me. I will be staying here again if I ever go back to the city.

Room Tip: If you don't want to feel like the walls are coming in go for a bigger room. The single is a little small and feels like your sleeping in a closet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Recently (23/07/2012) stayed at this Hotel for 11 days, although the reception staff speak little or no English the checkin was hassle free and the room rate was as agreed when shown the email from the online booking agent, considerably less than the room rate advertised.

My suite was comfortable and everything worked, the bath/shower could do with an upgrade however plenty of hot water and a shower head that was clean and powerful, towels were changed every day and the room cleaned every day too. The free fruit each day was a nice touch as was turning down the bed each evening and a note of the following days weather forecast.

The vast range of food for Breakfast meant there was never a shortage of new things to try! I appeared to be the only Westerner staying at the Hotel so maybe "International" is a bit mis-leading however for my first visit to China i found it Central to the area i was visiting and certainly no shortage of local places to eat within just yards of the Hotel.

I would have no hesitation in suggesting you give this Hotel a try, it certainly wasn't busy during my stay and the added bonus of being able to pay by Mastercard or Visa would encourage me to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room was on the 9th floor overlooking the rear of the Hotel so no traffic noise from the busy road running in front.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends