We stayed here both before and after our Kilimanjaro climb we did with Shah tours. The staff at the hotel is friendly. The food in the restaurant especially the Indian food. My son thought the cheese naan and the chicken kebab was the best he ever tasted. The rooms are a bit rundown especially the bathrooms. The room we had when we came back had been sprayed for ants and they never cleaned up the dead ants. Also, the showers are hard to use as the water goes everywhere in the bathroom. The two things that marred our stay was that I left a pair of sandals in the outer pocket of my suitcase that we left in the hotel and they were taken. Als,o I bought a pair of pants at the gift store. I am not sure if the woman who works in the store does not speak good English but she quoted me one price on a pair of pants that I bought and then a different price was shown on our bill when we checked out. Other than that, it was a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain Inn is ideally situated at the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro making it one of the top accommodations in Moshi, Tanzania. Additionally the hotel's restaurant offers the finest authentic Indian cuisine in town! Established in 1988, the hotel originally started as a base for trekkers. Over the years it has developed into a perfect place for all, accommodating travelers, businessmen, families and many more. Whatever the reason may be, you are all very welcome to Mountain Inn, a home away from home, a peaceful and tranquil environment with excellent Tanzanian hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Mountain Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shah Tours - Mountain Inn Kilimanjaro Hotel Moshi
- Mountain Inn Moshi, Tanzania - Kilimanjaro