All reviews shah tours indian food kilimanjaro climb high altitude restaurant serves hot water moshi town swimming pool rooms are large day safari post climb felt very safe delicious food pre and post tanzania mt animals
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Really nice place in a lovely setting. The pool is really nice, and so is the food! I definitely recommend going there for a nice Indian styled dinner. My favourite meal is the Chicken Tikka Masala with rice.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I stayed there in last week and before a week due to my Kilimanjaro Climb. At a glance hotel is not bad but real outside of Moshi . Hotel to Moshi return by Taxi $ 10 . The foods are Indian and food is good but as an Indian I can see they are more than over priced. The room is very very basic and in the morning hour, I had to wait 20-30 minutes for hot water to flow decently. The WIFI at the dining place is irregular and over hyped. In Tanzania next time I would try to stay in Moshi as Moshi is a nice little clean town , the walk on Moshi street gives a lot feel about the place. The Mountain Inn staffs are polite and welcoming but their courtesy gets negated by some of this basic flaws of that property like water, price , location etc. Dont go their shop anything to buy, they are similar cost of an atom bomb. :)

Room tip: Better to find a property in Moshi
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I stayed here as part of a group. The walls are paper thin so if you have noisy neighbors forget about sleeping.
The beds smelt bad and the pillows had a musty smell.
The bathroom had many cracks all over.

Internet only works by the pool and restaurant (no wifi in the rooms or Front desk area)

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Stayed here with family (2 adults and 2 teenagers) for 2 nights. Nice comfortable place to stay near Mt. Kilimanjaro. Service of staff were great! They kept our valuables in a safe in the reception area when we left for a day trek. Food was great. Loved their ginger tea. Rooms had mosquito curtains. Had a good night's sleep.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mountain_1nn, Manager at Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

We are happy that you and your family had a great time with us. Thank you for the wonderful review and we are glad that you liked the services provided by our staff, the food, the rooms, and especially the ginger tea! We hope you all will come back soon for more.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Thank you a lot, all people we met at mountain inn were so nice so it was a pleasure for me to stay ther and I always look back with hapiness in my heart. The hotel is not so big and clean. The Meat is right good.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your short and sweet review and that you felt the whole team were nice. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and hope to have you again with us.