Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Second Trip was as Amazing as the First

In May, I went with my research group for our second visit to Tanzania for our University of Dar rd... read more

Reviewed 6 November 2018
Kailah L
via mobile
Definitely recommend!

I booked the Kilimanjaro 6-day Machame route online a couple of months before going, and everything... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2018
MartaPisc
Copenhagen, Denmark

All reviews mikumi national park dar es salaam an unforgettable experience tour guide dig deep locally owned company his team tanzanian adventure machame route food was great ngorongoro conservation area six days climb mt pole pole other companies richard health
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Mount Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro National Park
Our Kilimanjaro
Last month we spent 8 days in Tanzania, 2 days safari in Ngorongoro National Park and 6 six days climbing in Kilimanjaro by Marangu route. At first we have to say thanks for our guide Richard and his team from Pamoja
From first day we could count on their professional guidance and help in case of emergencies. It started with lost luggage by airlines (it happens often), beside us, there was 8 pairs more with lost luggage. We were on a safari with his business partner and he himself was fighting for our luggage. Thank You Richard!
During climbing you should drink plenty of water but when you go on night you have to watch for it’s temperature. I drank too cold water and the result was a pharyngitis, after getting the top of Kili and going back to Horombo Richard organized evacuation by ambulance for my.
Besides, the rest is pure pleasure, views, views, views, super memories. Our chef Edward deserves special mention, such delicious food on the safari I can understood but at a height of 3700 or 4700 is already a feat. If I would compare the food at the hotel in Moshi with food from our chef it is as if you compare the fast food bar with the Michelin star restaurant.
I can highly recommend company Pamoja for anyone due to their professionalism in organizing Mount Kilimanjaro climbing and Tanzania safaris.
Once again Richard, Thomas, Edward, Reginald, Baltazari, Richnold, Kasim, Godrey, Juma THANK YOU.
Roma i Darek

Date of experience: September 2017
2  Thank Romana G
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I just completed Kilimanjaro climbing as a solo female trekker with Pamoja Kilimanjaro Company. I chose 6-day Machame route and had a blast.

At first, I was a little concerned of going there alone, but Richard convinced me and so I went ahead. It was the right decision. Not only I made friends with fellow trekkers along the route, I was taken a good care from Richard's team that I didn't feel isolated at all. I was warmly welcome by the team. The whole experience is unforgettable, both by the beautiful scenery and the people I met.

Pamoja Kilimanjaro is a locally owned company. I was in good hands during the whole climbing. As I talked with other trekkers, I found that Richard offered superior service than other companies. For example, I got a nice big tent with a separate dining area just for me ; whereas, another solo trekker whom I met got a small tent and had to eat inside his tent. Even worse, he paid a couple of hundreds USD higher than me!

Another example is that Richard was really concerned about my health condition. He did a daily morning and evening medical check up, recording my pulse and Oxygen level. At first, I thought this was something normally offered in most companies, but as I talked with a few other trekkers, none of their companies offered this service. Therefore, I was pleased with my decision in choosing the company.

Overall, being a solo trekker brought a whole new experience for me. I was glad to finally complete my childhood dream of climbing Kilimanjaro. Thanks to Richard and his team for their support!

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank Kim_Kruaorn
Richard M, Owner at Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

I would like to thanks you Kruaorn for trust my company Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safaris. this mean local company we are now trustful and we can handle any client and proved better service even if your solo trekker. again am appreciate you for supporting local company.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We signed up for the 7-day Machame Route trek, but actually finished it in 6 days. The trek was grueling, and summit day was physically the most exhausting day of my life, but it was all so worth it to reach the peak.

We went in July and the weather was very comfortable at the lower elevations. At higher elevations it was pretty cold, and we were all very glad we brought multiple layers. Do your research on packing lists and read through all of the articles and blog posts out there to determine what items you'll need based on the weather at the time of year you're going.

I'd definitely recommend the Machame route. The scenery was beautiful and the route was enjoyable. The company we booked with, Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safaris, was incredible! Our entire team was wonderful. The guides are super knowledgeable about the mountain and have a lot of experience, as do the porters. I don't know that I would have made it to the top without their expertise and recommendations. I'd highly recommend booking with them!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

The Pamoja Kilimanjaro team is incredible! The Kilimanjaro trek was absolutely incredible and I'm so glad we booked with Pamoja. This local company cares about the welfare of porters, guides and clients. The guides and porters were very kind and from the get go we felt like family. Leading up to our trip, Richard was very responsive to our questions and concerns. The food was delicious and with three meals a day you have enough fuel for hiking all day. With daily health checks, my friends and I felt like we were in safe hands. I recommend this trip for anybody looking for a breathtaking views and adventure. I definitely recommend Pamoja, meeting the team/locals was one my favorite parts of the climb!

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I had the most incredible experience with Richard and his entire crew on the 7 day kili hike on the machame route. He always responded quickly to my many questions prior to and after deciding to go with his company. My friends and I loved that he was a local and he took good care of the porters. The porters are incredible. If you can, pack an extra bag of old clothes and shoes you dont need anymore - trust me you will want to give them all away to the porters at the end of the trip! They are amazing people. I always felt safe and I went very pole pole (slowly slowly) and I made it to the top. There were three of us girls only in our hiking group and they treated us like family. They always looked out for us and carried out daypacks even when it got too heavy. The food was incredible! I couldn't believe how great it was all the way up a mountain. They give you many snacks so we really didn't need a ton of protein bars - maybe just one a day. The summit day was tough but you just need to dig deep and get thru it. The views are amazing at the top but it's the sense of accomplishment that brought me to tears and how a group of strangers got me safely up the mountain to have this experience. I will never forget Richard and his crew and I can't recommend them highly enough! Go with pamoja - you won't regret it!!!