“Excelente! ”

Ranked #98 of 201 Outdoor Activities in Moshi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When you are going for a life challenge like climbing Kilimanjaro, the two most important things are: safety and conquer. We had one bad experience with a Safari company some days before and as soon as we met Richard we knew that with could trust him and his company. Richard and August (his partner guide) know what they are doing, they have a large experience on taking trekkers to do this climb. They are professional and the organization was perfect. Everything on time and as promised - tents, good food, plenty of water, schedules etc. The whole crew of porters was very nice too and Nsoro is a amazing, always with a big smile on his face - wich is important in some moments during the way.
One last thing: every day they checked up our health: pulse, blood oxygenation, etc and keep the record, to follow up our situation during the trekk.
They were recommended by a friend and I would totally recommend to a friend too.
Climbing Kili it’s gonna be one of the most remarkable experiences of your life. Prepare your heart :) and enjoy the ride!

Richard M, Owner at Pamoja Kilimanjaro Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

On behalf of Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safaris , am appreciate from you guys to wrote and thanks for trust us since the first time until the last days. You came as tourist but you leave as friends and ambassador of my company. thanks again.

All reviews

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Mount Kilimanjaro
Kilimanjaro National Park
Our Kilimanjaro
Last month we spent 8 days in Tanzania, 2 days safari in Ngorongoro National Park and 6 six days climbing in Kilimanjaro by Marangu route. At first we have to say thanks for our guide Richard and his team from Pamoja
From first day we could count on their professional guidance and help in case of emergencies. It started with lost luggage by airlines (it happens often), beside us, there was 8 pairs more with lost luggage. We were on a safari with his business partner and he himself was fighting for our luggage. Thank You Richard!
During climbing you should drink plenty of water but when you go on night you have to watch for it’s temperature. I drank too cold water and the result was a pharyngitis, after getting the top of Kili and going back to Horombo Richard organized evacuation by ambulance for my.
Besides, the rest is pure pleasure, views, views, views, super memories. Our chef Edward deserves special mention, such delicious food on the safari I can understood but at a height of 3700 or 4700 is already a feat. If I would compare the food at the hotel in Moshi with food from our chef it is as if you compare the fast food bar with the Michelin star restaurant.
I can highly recommend company Pamoja for anyone due to their professionalism in organizing Mount Kilimanjaro climbing and Tanzania safaris.
Once again Richard, Thomas, Edward, Reginald, Baltazari, Richnold, Kasim, Godrey, Juma THANK YOU.
Roma i Darek

2  Thank Romana G
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I just completed Kilimanjaro climbing as a solo female trekker with Pamoja Kilimanjaro Company. I chose 6-day Machame route and had a blast.

At first, I was a little concerned of going there alone, but Richard convinced me and so I went ahead. It was the right decision. Not only I made friends with fellow trekkers along the route, I was taken a good care from Richard's team that I didn't feel isolated at all. I was warmly welcome by the team. The whole experience is unforgettable, both by the beautiful scenery and the people I met.

Pamoja Kilimanjaro is a locally owned company. I was in good hands during the whole climbing. As I talked with other trekkers, I found that Richard offered superior service than other companies. For example, I got a nice big tent with a separate dining area just for me ; whereas, another solo trekker whom I met got a small tent and had to eat inside his tent. Even worse, he paid a couple of hundreds USD higher than me!

Another example is that Richard was really concerned about my health condition. He did a daily morning and evening medical check up, recording my pulse and Oxygen level. At first, I thought this was something normally offered in most companies, but as I talked with a few other trekkers, none of their companies offered this service. Therefore, I was pleased with my decision in choosing the company.

Overall, being a solo trekker brought a whole new experience for me. I was glad to finally complete my childhood dream of climbing Kilimanjaro. Thanks to Richard and his team for their support!

1  Thank Kim_Kruaorn
Richard M, Owner at Pamoja Kilimanjaro Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

I would like to thanks you Kruaorn for trust my company Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safaris. this mean local company we are now trustful and we can handle any client and proved better service even if your solo trekker. again am appreciate you for supporting local company.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We signed up for the 7-day Machame Route trek, but actually finished it in 6 days. The trek was grueling, and summit day was physically the most exhausting day of my life, but it was all so worth it to reach the peak.

We went in July and the weather was very comfortable at the lower elevations. At higher elevations it was pretty cold, and we were all very glad we brought multiple layers. Do your research on packing lists and read through all of the articles and blog posts out there to determine what items you'll need based on the weather at the time of year you're going.

I'd definitely recommend the Machame route. The scenery was beautiful and the route was enjoyable. The company we booked with, Pamoja Kilimanjaro & Safaris, was incredible! Our entire team was wonderful. The guides are super knowledgeable about the mountain and have a lot of experience, as do the porters. I don't know that I would have made it to the top without their expertise and recommendations. I'd highly recommend booking with them!