“Awesome !”

Unravel Surf Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer Surf Lessons, half-day & full-day Guided Surf Tours and Tour Guiding Services for day-trips in the Garden Route! Our Surf Lessons and Guided Surf Trips are tailored according to your level of experience and we surf waves that suit your ability. Our Surf Lessons cater for beginner to intermediate level surfers and our Guided Surf Tours cater for intermediate to advanced level surfers. Our Surf Instructors are qualified and accredited with Surfing South Africa (SSA) and the International Surfing Association (ISA). We follow professional and internationally recognized safety guidelines, but the mood is relaxed. There is loads of room for lots of fun!
Reviewed 17 January 2015 via mobile

Cool surfing! we had a 2hours lesson for beginners. Herman was very patient, thanks to him we really enjoyed the experience and now we want to continue to surf :-) ..we also got nice pictures of us surfing away in the end... we can recommend Unravel Surf Travel with no reserves.

1  Thank Jakob P

Reviewed 19 December 2014 via mobile

We travelled from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth in Dec 14 and decided to get surfing a go as we never tried before. We contacted Hermann who arranged the 2h session on Diaz Beach in Mossel Bay.

Hermann made it very easy for us to find the place with detailed driving instructions. The equipment (wetsuit and surf board) was of very good quality and the beach just ideal.

He is a very patient and dedicated instructor and really went the extra mile to help us succeed.

Would recommend Unravel Surf Travel. Surfing is really fun, and we think Hermann played a role in making us love it.

1  Thank JMS3358
Reviewed 23 November 2014

Such an incredible surf trip! Local and mostly organic food, yoga, amazing site seeing, great loving people, surfing and paddle boarding, beautiful accommodations and a fun loving community environment. Unravel Surf Travel is the perfect opportunity to experience the beauty of the Southern Cape with locals who know the area best. The surf instructor is fantastic and I still keep in touch with the friends I made. Can't wait until I can go again and bring more people along! Hermann and Jenya are most wonderful guides and I can't thank them enough for putting together such an amazing holiday experience!

1  Thank MaryFlemming
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Had an amazing time with these guys! Sunrise yoga, incredible outdoor activities, staying right on the beach and best of all, getting coached how to stand up on a wave in no time at all.
The surfer kids non profit is also an incredible part of this program and makes one feel like you are part of something very meaningful, not only for yourself.

1  Thank jubee7
See more reviews
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Did some research before I travelled the garden route coastline as I was paranoid about being shark bait and wanted to get good equipment as I could nt bring my own board and suit. Really lucky I found Unravel Surf Lessons.

Before I met Hermann we exchanged a number of mails about types breaks that I wanted to surf and made a solid a plan before I got to SA which gave me a good insight on breaks/ beaches (Vic Bay, Wilderness, Buffels Bay, Brentons on Sea, J Bay breaks) along the Gardens route coast.

Surf

I am an intermediate goofy surfer, so I was interested in surfing nothing too crazy (super tubes - JBay) but good beach and reef (flat) lefts. I booked a two days surf guide. Hermann brought me to Buffels Bays which has two left beach breaks, reef (right) and a point break. My luck was in on day 1 as the waves, wind and swell were perfect, but Hermann help my luck by picking the ride tide time to paddle out. The swell was not massive so Hermann came out with me in flippers and gave me constant directions/ tips/ on selecting waves. Caught a ridiculous amount of waves but very lucky with near perfect conditions. Day 2 was not so lucky, surfed Buffels again the swell increased by 1 1/2 times, so power was on but the nice easy left was not working, so we paddle to a different section of the beach. Hermann gave me great tips on the rip and the line up to take to catch a couple of waves.

Equipment

Hermann had a selection of two different boards (8ft 2, 9ft) both in great conditions when we met and a couple of different wet suits to try on. Boards waxed up ready to go.

Ultimately had two great days surfing, good conservation about SA and got some good recommendations on local restaurants.

If you want hassle free, safe and great surf in SA get in touch with Hermann.

3  Thank JimmoKay