See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This is a beautiful hotel located right across the road from the river so the setting and location are amazing. It is very modern but the rooms are a bit small. The food is excellent the rooms very clean. We were happy with our stay here.

The staff was really nice. My husband accidently locked the door to our room with the key, a no no as it is self locking. They had to go through a window in order to open the door but eveyone was really kind about it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Micheljane
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I stayed at this hotel during the dry, hot season in April, on a National Geographic/Lindblad tour. The hotel faces the river where dirt-poor families eke out their lives, living as they might have thousands of years ago. I felt guiltily privileged in this hotel, with its excellent service(when our a/c went out at 1:30 am, three workers came to our room almost immediately to fix it), free wine for our group at every dinner(not the world's best, but considering where we were, certainly adequate), responsive staff, greetings from every employee we encountered, nice room, beautiful pool with garden and mourning doves cooing and free wi-fi. The food was always served buffet style, whether breakfast or dinner. Certainly edible and adequate but not excellent. Always several choices; I couldn't figure out what happened to the rest of the chicken when they kept serving only chicken wings at dinner! Always fresh fruit and dessert at dinner, including creme caramel. All in all, in this part of one of the world's poorest countries, the hotel was more than adequate.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank NaomiNYC
Reviewed 15 September 2010

I stayed here with colleagues in July and we were well attended to by courteous staff and relaxed in the lovely atmosphere. There were very few other travelers at that time so we got superb attention. The food was good and the grounds well-kept. The only draw back is that the wifi is only available in the common restaurant area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I liked the hotel very much. Basically, the hotels in Mali are not an exceptional value. You pay $60-$70US. in Bamako and over $100.00US at the Kanaga in Mopti in a country where this is an outrageous sum of money. While the Kanaga is very nice, for $100US, this is not an exceptional value. The restaurant was mediocre and while the prices were not outrageous, again, not a great value. The hotel did, however, produce one of the best cappuccinos I have ever had, again, not at a bargain price.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ColoradoVirginia
Reviewed 31 January 2010

I stayed one night but was very impressed. The decor is stylish but 'in keeping', the room was lovely, with AC, TV, phone and en suite shower/toilet where the hot water actually worked (it didn't in many places in Mali). I had one dinner which was beef kebab with ratatouille & rice, and it was very nice, and breakfast was a lovely buffet including freshly cooked omelette of your choice, though the dining room is plain and soulless.
In the evening I wanted to make an international phone call and was told the machine was not working so I could not call from my room, but they could ring for me from reception. I expected to pay for the call, of course, but they waived the charge. Very good service!
The location is good - across the road from the river and not too far out of town. A friend and I walked into town and back, in the afternoon. There is a shop attached to the hotel selling souvenirs. A good selection - reasonable prices I thought, but a bit pushy.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again. After some of the poorer hotels I experienced, this was an oasis!

• Stayed: January 2010