Having grown up in kenya, but now taking our kids for the first time, I wanted to make sure we could enjoy one of my fondest memories from childhood, the beach. Put off by prior experience and the stories we had heard of hawkers on other beaches we decided to return to Tiwi beach having had a good previous experience staying there in a private cottage. We were not disapointed. Tiwi beach Resort was a very pleasant surprise. Paying half what we would have done for a good North coast hotel, the hotel was much better than we expected. For a 3 star hotel it is great. Good food, rooms were a great size for us as we had children and the pool was to die for. It did have a strange ticket system for towels but as it was so warm and there were plenty of sun loungers to dry off on, it wasn't a problem for us. The hotel was quiet which suited us as we were quite a large party ourselves, however the evening entertainment was enjoyable. My husband particularly enjoyed an opportunity to dance with the maasai and the children loved the snakes. It is closer to Mombasa than Diani which was an advantage for us as we wanted to visit Fort Jesus, the Mombasa markets, and the north coast, (Watamu and Malindi beaches are great for body surfing,) however I guess it may feel a little isolated unless you either hire a car and driver or a self drive car both of which we did and it worked well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently up graded with an addition of another specialty restaurant-Sultan Dhow & Aqua wine bar overlooking the Indian Ocean with a wide choice of wine served by glass. Refurbished Floodlit Tennis Court. A dedicated 3D 84 inch screen facility, Ultra modern conferences in a separate hotel wing.New hotel boutiques, air conditioned rooms, Hi- speed WIFI Internet & 32'' LCD TV with Satellite feed in the rooms, Complimentary mini fridges, electronic safes, Tea & Coffee making facility, Hair dryers, Mosquito nets and superior guest toiletries Dedicated 24 hours in room dining menu. Upmarket Hair Salon Beauty & Wellness Center.Superior guest amenities. Weekly Complimentary traditional renewal of Wedding vows.3 Specialty restaurants and 4 bars including swim-up sunken bar in the a 167 Meter length free form swimming pool... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Amani Tiwi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amani Tiwi Beach Hotel Ukunda
- Tiwi Beach Hotel
- Amani Tiwi Beach Resort Kenya/Ukunda