All reviews guest house breakfast and dinner swimming pool naivasha town apartment supermarket gate chef meals hells lake
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

True place of peace at a walking distance of the city center of Naivasha. The garden and the swimming pool are very pleasant after day trips (Hells Gate, Mount Longonot...). We were staying at an apartment next to the main house. The property is quiet and staff very helpful. We also really liked the food prepared by the chef

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2018

A guesthouse?
In town?
Spacious and serene?
You are kidding me, right?

That was my reaction but, upon landing there. My reserved perception was blown away!
From the reception all through, I was impressed.

We checked in as 3 families and occupied the main house. The rooms are well done, well lit and airy. For a moment, the tranquil setting makes you forget that you are a few meters from the hustle and bustle of the streets.

The guest-house layout is well thought and has great features, including an outdoor area and pool. Though we never got to use it.

We only used the guest-house for the night and did the rest of the day outdoors.
The meals (breakfast and dinner) were great and the service was superb, not to mention the most humble lady - Jane herself, who was there to welcome us and made us feel at home.

If you want to keep away from the "norm" and do something different, I would suggest, you give this a try.

Room tip: "Mbweha" don't forget that name when you get there.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed two nights in the treehouse. It's a nice place and the staff are kind. It was clean and comfortable enough. I wouldn't recommend this place for a solo traveller as the road isn't safe to walk from the town at night - other than that I would recommend for groups. The only let down was that the card machine wasn't working. I had to go all the way to town (ATM) and back to pay even though I requested the payment be taken directly from booking.com instead. This place has potential.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Great place ,ideal for a family stay over. large rooms comfortable for a family of four.
The restaurant has a chilled out vibe with good food.The staffs were very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended...

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017

Guesthouse Jane is an amazing little gem where you least expect to find one. Location-wise, its great for those who want the Naivasha atmosphere or to party in the nearby clubs or just want a quiet time away from the usual crowds you will find at the larger resorts, located close to the lake.
I have been there 3 times, once with the girls, once with the bikers and once just me, myself and I. Each time, I stayed in a different type of accommodation, from main-house to the smaller bungalows and the tree-house. All were perfect every time. The mosquito repellent thingie hanging on the wall can irritate with the bright blue neon light at night. And THAT is my only complaint!! All in all, great value for money and the one on one assistance from the owner, (charming lady, Ms. Jane!) was the icing on the cake. I would stay here any day. Oh and doggie lovers: there's a beautiful GS waiting to welcome you!

Room tip: For families, best to take the 7 bedroom main-house
Date of stay: May 2017