1,119 results
All reviews lake naivasha main building after dark water buck the ground floor grazing hippos buffet style security guard horse riding wild animals roam freely beautiful lodge dining hall boat ride rooms are large lounge area mosquito netting
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This was one of my favorite resorts that I stayed at in Kenya! The rooms were large and very clean. The hotel offered breakfast lunch and dinner buffets that had something for everyone. My favorite part was the hippos that came onto the grounds to feed at night! They also offer nature walks and boat rides. I highly recommend the boat ride to see the hippos. I would stay here again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Well, why I love this place so much, but only gave it 2 star.
My family and I have been going to this lodge for the last 12 or so years, at least once a year, and sometimes more.
Also recommending it to family and friends.
We had taken four rooms between us and friends on this trip.
You will see from the pics why 2 stars,
The shower, which my wife refused to use had not been cleaned from the previous occupants, there was hair on the drain plug, she used her mothers room!
The toilet area stank of urine, the towels were old and torn.
There is a renovation taking place at the lodge, but that’s no excuse for the dirtiness of the bathroom.
Her mother’s room had no kettle or tea or coffee in their room,
The whole 11 of us in this party complained how long it took to get served drinks, we had almost finished our meals before we were asked what we would like.
The lodge has some of the best views on the lake, the zebra, water bucks and giraffes roaming around while you relax at the lodge, fabulous.
We will go back again in the future I am sure because of the views, but! If the management cannot get a grip on the deterioration of service and cleanliness of the lodge, the next time, sadly will be our last visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The grounds are lovely, we were in Cottage 6. Each Villa has 4 spacious suites, the ground floor ones have a small sit-out and you can see deers, zebras and hippos (only at night), at such close quarters. Ideal for families with kids.

The staff are warm and welcoming, the spread of food is good, something for everyone. Fish fingers, pizzas for the kids etc. The staff at the restaurant are absolutely wonderful and helpful.

Entertainment-wise, theres a small kids area with a movie playing and some art activities, the pool was COLD but we still had a great time even if a short one. Bouncy castle was also there by the swings.

The icing on the cake were the giraffes as we were leaving, on the drive to the entrance.

Negatives:

Bathroom: This was a real negative! Bathrooms are big but with really old bathware. Tub with brown stains, frayed brown towels, probably white originally (we used our own), such a put-off. One small trash bin, outside the bathroom.

Room service: A mystery we didn't get around to unraveling. On our first call, they confirmed room service was available at 400 shillings, and when we agreed and placed our order, they called later and said unavailable for that particular day. But the next day too, it was unavailable.

Other than these two issues, it was a wonderful stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunshine_n_me
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This is definitely an exceptional hotel. Located next to Naivasha Lake it's house to many waterbucks, giraffes, zebras, monkeys and hippos during the night.
You can walk around safely and look at the animals during the day. In the nights you need to be escorted from your room to the restaurant and back as there are many hippos feasting on grass everywhere.
There is a nice swimming pool and a gym.
The rooms are spacious with good facilities. The food could be improved especially the dinner.
Overall It's one of the best hotels you can imagine.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

The units are generous, the food is excellent, but the two things that sets Sopa apart is the ‘Hippo Green’ with a calming plentitude waterbuck, zebra, giraffes and a huge pod of hippos. The second is the exceptional excellence of the manager. His knowledge and perfect temperament translates across all the staff and makes the stay unfussy and simply perfect. Well done!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business