“Always delicious!”

Fat City Steak & Grill Houss
Ranked #24 of 224 Restaurants in Jonesboro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We are from out of town, but we eat at Fat City whenever we get the chance. Had the Habanero Burger this time and it was wonderful. My daughter ordered the double Shrimp pasta and it was also delicious. My husband ordered Steak. Everything we ordered was top notch.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We love to eat at Fat City. The food is great, the atmosphere is cheerful, and restaurant is always very clean.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This looks like an amazing steakhouse for lunch and dinner. Breakfasts at 6am, on the other hand,!was annoying with 90’s teen music pumping through the speakers.
The spicy avacado eggs were tasty but in somewhat of a blob on the plate. Not much effort seemed to be put into the first breakfast hour of the day. Just a tad overpriced for the quality I received.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Well, I do have a regret. Should have ordered a steak long before now, instead of their signature burgers. Great flavor and cooked perfectly.
Service was excellent.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

My wife has been craving a Fat City burger for a few days, and so we went out tonight to get her one. I ordered the open face chili burger with no onions, my wife ordered the black and blue burger, and my daughter ordered the finger finger basket.

The chips and dip we ordered as an appetizer were okay. When we got our food I ended up picking diced red onion off of my burger despite having ordered the burger without it. Our server saw me removing the onions, along with a decent amount of chili, and all of the cheese, and said nothing. I did end up eating a majority or my burger, more out of hunger than anything. My wife's overcooked and dry burger was picked through, and my daughter, who has lived a majority.of her life polishing off as many chicken fingers as possible, barely made.it through half of one on her plate.

When our server came back and asked how things were, we told him we were a little underwhelmed. His reply was that there was only so much you can do with American cuisine. Especially when you have a bar and grill with no bar. He brought out check shortly after and remarked "If all else fails give more mints", and proceeded to hand us 6 Andes mints with our check.

It should be pointed out that there was only one other family seated at 5:30 pm on a Tuesday. If the place was packed, I could understand the meh food, and our server's sheepish response, but that wasn't the case. I have found that our service and food quality are hit or miss any time that we go to Fat City. In the past 4 or so years I have probably had as many so so or poor encounters as I have good ones. I think the most telling was when my wife, who had so wanted one of the Far City burgers, remarked that maybe we should have just go be to Hardees instead.

It's been a while since I've been to Fat City, after tonight I can see why the restaurant was empty and why I don't be back any time soon. I don't see any excuse for my wife and daughter leaving a restaurant hungry, especially given the large portions, and given that at no point did the server try or try to take on an appropriate partner with the manager to make it right.