Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 85
Orbitz.comUSD 85
TravelocityUSD 85
Trip.comUSD 87
CheapTicketsUSD 85
TripadvisorUSD 85
All reviews would stay here again amenities reception bed wifi city gondar
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2020 via mobile

It should be an ok place to stay as the rooms are big and there’s a pool terrace and everything but what a mess of a place this is. The food is appalling - like the service, which is infuriatingly unhelpful. We asked for a one day laundry service and three days later our clothes hadn’t shown up - because they’d lost them! We did find them in the end after a long and unpleasant row w the receptionist. Awful and not cheap either. Rooms are full of mosquitos. Never again.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank prossello
Reviewed 15 December 2019 via mobile

Don’t let the appearance fool you! The hotel looks good on outside but things just don’t work properly there.

Stayed in Jan 2019 and it had been a a month or two under the new management. It was called “Gonder Landmark Hotel” before the change.

When I arrived, I noticed two things - first, some construction work in the lawn of the hotel. It did not bother me. Second, I’m
almost the only guest in the hotel! Not a good sign.

The hotel lobby and the room itself looked okay at first. But when I stayed in the room longer, and used its bathroom, problems started to surface. The flush of the toilet was slow, so I called for service. Then there was no hot water for shower. I asked the staff for help. They came, tried many ways to fix it, coming in and out, first promised that it would be fixed in 30 min, then 15 min more, then one more hour..... and finally brought me to other two or three rooms to check out the water there. Of course, there was no hot water too and I didn’t bother to change room though the conditions of the other rooms were slightly better. I finally didn’t have a shower.

Next morning, I went down to breakfast and the choice was horribly little. I’m the only one eating and yet they put on something like a buffet but without any meaningful choices. It was absurdly surreal. Afterwards, I made up my mind and cut short of my stay there. I originally booked for two nights but left after the first. Alas, the staff knew the problems and let me check out.

What a mistake to stay here.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed 11 December 2019

My partner and I had just finished a four day trek in the mountains, and Haile Resort was the perfect conclusion to our journey. The reception was very welcoming, and the rooms were extremely comfortable. Wifi was a bit spotty, but all other amenities were spot on. Breakfast was exceptional. Would stay again!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2019

Stayed one night before hiking Simien Mt.. the photos don't do this place justice. They picked me up from the airport despite my delayed flight without issue. The staff are extremely helpful, even lending me their own charger cable, and the food is amazing. Best Gomen I have ever had, delicious! The bed was super comfy, and yes the bathroom wasn't perfect but overall exceeded expectations!! Great value!
I would stay here again no doubt.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2019 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in this hotel. Started with a welcome drink. Very spacious room and bathroom, hot water, all bath amenities are available. Check in/out in a seconds. Nice room view. Breakfast was great. Very friendly staff and service. Amazing swimming pool but no time to try. A great play area for the kids. WiFi was super fast in lobby as well as the room. Thank you Haile Resort Gondar. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: November 2019