Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
USD 68
View deal
Free cancellation until 22/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUSD 68
CheapTickets
getaroom.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020

My bag was stolen from my hotel room. I had lost my key and called the hotel to ensure they rekeyed the door. I thought I was being paranoid but when I returned to the hotel my bag and ipad was missing. I assumed somebody found my key on the street and entered my room. This is possible as the hotel has ZERO security (no cameras or security staff - bad idea in Gondar).

However, hotel investigation was poorly handled with several false statements, later retracted had left me in doubt as to who really took my bag. I still don't know what happened to my bag and hotel has poorly communicated with me about investigation and failed to follow up as to investigation status. In addition to zero security, hotel procedures weren't followed by the staff. I initially chalked up the theft to my mistakes and bad luck, but response from the hotel left me deeply suspicious of the true story.

I definitely should have used the safe, but would typically trust a hotel of this caliber to ensure safety and security. I was wrong. Lesson learned. Hotel is otherwise decent property but too far from main tourist attractions to be useful to typical tourist.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 9 February 2020

After 12yrs of visiting Ethiopia I can say this is by far the nicest, cleanest hotel I've stayed in. The staff was very friendly and helpful carrying luggage and providing information on the castle. The restaurant was very good, clean friendly and quick.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2019

For those of you following me, we all know that I love my comfort, and it is unbelievable when I find a diamond in the rough. I came to this outstanding Hotel totally by mistake after overbooking at a local Gondar Lodge,”see my post”. And I am amazed. The rooms are gorgeous and seemly very comfortable and I have been overwhelmed by the Restrauant and some of the Western Meals they provide.

So my fellow Nomads and Wanders this is it if you want to stay just a short walk form everything in Gondar a true must stay.

Room tip: All the rooms are great, I traveled with my family and additional couple
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 20 November 2019

Room is large. All still new and very comfortable bed. Balcony. On a busy road so lots of local eateries and cafes. Down the hill is a local lively bustling market. Otherwise location not near attractions and requires transport. Staff helpful. Ok breakfast buffet but lids left up so lukewarm food. Hot water. Hairdryer. Wifi ok. The difference between price for locals and foreigners is huge. Had we not negotiated the foreigner price would not have made this hotel worth it .

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 2nights. Reception staff superb . Cheerful and helpful.
Hotel was very clean.Room with a balcony but nothing much to view. Wi-Fi was on and off but generally ok.There were problems with water supply the day we arrived but this was soon rectified
Breakfast buffet was ok.
Only minus was the loud music
(from about 7pm for a while on both nights)

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Madhumbe