Priceline
Agoda.com
All reviews clean place the owner hostel tours beds ethiopia gondar
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2020

I stayed here for a few nights. Unfortunately for me, as they were redoing the road, the cable for the internet got cut, so there was no internet at this hostel for my entire stay. This was not really a problem as it's nice to be disconnected for a few days. To be noted is that this place is not central. It's near Maraki which is not in the centre of town. As a solo woman, it made coming back in the evening a problem. The shortcut that you can take during the day is guarded by dogs when it's dark and so you have to take a tuktuk to get to the hostel. Still, I booked a private room and was very happy with it. The hostel is very clean, staff is super friendly and helpful if you need anything and have good recommendations. The view from the hostel is also fabulous. They have a kitchen there and sell a few items if you want to cook (i didn't but it is available). I recommend this place.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 22 December 2019

We’ve had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay. The beds are comfy, the people are great. And Mesele is very helpful and helped us sort out tours for good prices. Met some great people, and there’s lots of travellers and a very social atmosphere. Kitchen facilities to cook your own food and restaurants nearby!
There is a wonderful view where you can watch the sunset and a fridge with beers and waters! Everything we needed. Thank you!
Bobbie & Stu

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2019

This was definitely one of my favourite places I stayed in during my 3 weeks in Ethiopia. Firstly, it was the only place I visited that felt like a proper backpackers hostel where you could easily meet other travellers, share stories and get great advice. In terms of facilities, there's a kitchen you're free to use (and they sell some ingredients at the hostel in case you're too lazy to go to the shops), there are two clean bathrooms (although the showers aren't great because of weak water pressure, but this is an issue pretty much everywhere in Ethiopia) and the beds are very comfy - I slept great! The best part of the hostel though is the quiet (although far from the centre) location and the excellent view from the courtyard.

Apart from the hostel, the owner Melese runs a tour company called Simien Mountains Outstanding Nature Tours. Whilst we didn't use them to go to the Simien Mountains (we decided to organise that trip independently without going through a tour company, which was definitely a mistake due to the amount of extra hassle this involved and relatively small savings we made), we did however book a trip to the Danakil through the company, including transport from Gondar to Axum, Axum to Mekele and Mekele to Lalibela. The price was very reasonable and far cheaper than many of the other prices I had seen quoted online. Melese was easy to talk to (no hustling!), all our transport was comfortable and on time and the tour to the Danakil was excellent.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 22 March 2019 via mobile

Perfect place! Clean place! A special sense of family that I did not get anywhere !
I don’t think that travelers need to sleep in the center because it’s too noise and dirty!
10 min from the center you can find backpackers of Gondar with the best view celeb room and option to kitchen!
Unfortunately, I was only 2 days and I could have been there for a week!
From backpackers you can find anything through restaurant supermarket taxi and bank

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

We had the best time in Gondar BP!
Ofir, the owner, is the friendliest and helpful person in all Ethiopia!
She helped us arrange our trip to Simian mountains for a good price and with our plans for the rest of our trip. She very knowledgeable and kind.
The rooms are super comfortable and clean. Hot shower, amazing view and good people.
The kitchen was very accessible and the laundry ass well.
What else do you need!?
We will miss this place.
Noa and Sheli