“Lagoon safari - just stunning!!”
Review of Lagoon Safaris

Lagoon Safaris
Ranked #8 of 12 things to do in Lifou
More attraction details
Owner description: The dive centre is situated in the tribal lodgings of Mr Benoit Bonua on the waterfront where the cruise ships arrive. We organise 2 tank half-day dive trips to the untouched reefs on the north west coast of Lifou. These dive sites, well known for excellent visibilty, beautiful reefs and giant colorful fan corals, are very popular with photographers. We also organise introductory dives and dive training. We are a small dive centre and only cater for 8 divers per outing so it is necessary to book ahead.
Reviewed 22 October 2015 via mobile

We arrived on Pacific Pearl in May to the most beautiful place on earth- Lifue Island. I stayed with my two kids at the beach while my hubby went diving with adorable and very professional diver - Annabella. It was his first dive away from New Zealand but the one to remember, he said. He would highly recommend to anyone, if you email Annabell (just google her lagoon Safari Lifue company) and explain your age, experience and the timeframe, she would recommend you the best possible option for you. She was very prompt with her email replies and the price of the dive was very affordable, including the whole gear and the tanks. I think they except credit cards, but have some cash with you, it just easier. Just do it guys!! I am so glad I let my partner to do it ( and it wasn't easy to stay with two under 4 y.o. Kids by myself at the beach. But when else, we will go to Lifue? Just make most of it!! Thank you for you Annabell, it was incredible!!

Date of experience: May 2015
3  Thank Tanushonok

Reviewed 21 June 2015

We booked this trip based on previous Tripadvisor reviews. We were only in Lifou for one day as we were on a cruise which had a day visit here. We booked online before arriving, this meant that we could literally be met on the jetty with all of our gear which we hired all ready to go in our size and we had already emailed our medical certificates and dive certifications, so no fluffing about wasting time with all of that. We had three other divers with us, a boat driver and dive master. Unfortunately the dive master we had (Eduardo) didn't not speak English, although the boat driver did. It still meant that having a dive site briefing wasn't easy. I understand some basic French which certainly helped. We were taken to to dive sites on the far side of the island. The first was a canyon dive, and was brilliant. The variety of fish, corals and marine life was amazing and incredibly vibrant. Visibility was excellent the day we went. The second was more of a wall dive, with some canyons, swim throughs and a cave. Overall it was a fantastic day out, even seeing dolphins just in front of the bow of the boat!I absolutely recommend diving here with Lagoon Safari's.

Date of experience: May 2015
5  Thank leoman_9
Reviewed 18 April 2015

I visited here on the P&O Dawn. I had arranged the dive before I left, as the ship doesn't offer it in there itinerary. The dive site was a good 20 mins by a fast inflatable from where the ship anchors. So you get to see a bit of the island. I did bring my own gear but my BC ( it's a few years old) was too small for there fat squat bottles and my reg didn't fit over the yoke on the 2nd stage ???They didn't charge me for there gear I used in the end. Anyway we arrived at the dive site and I could see the bottom , 20mts + ,WAHOO. the first dive was at a spot they called Gorgonia . Well they were every where, every colour and every size up to 3-4 meters. We covered a lot of territory heaps of swim throughs and still kept seeing Gorgonias , beautiful .Also saw a manta ray twice.WAHOO. The second site was called Tomoko (caves) .There were heaps of caves some huge and more swim throughs. Fish life was abundant, nudis ,hard and soft corals, oh ,and an electric clam in one of the caves . Our dive guide showed us this, there's no way you would find it yourself.. Well now that I've raved about the diving , here's the but. I only spoke 4 sentences all day. The other 4 divers and two crew were French speaking and either couldn't or to rude to speak English. I can't speak french and had to listen to everyone rave about there dives in french. Even the dive guide said nothing to me all day, I shook his hand when I got on and off the boat . I expressed my concerns to Annabelle ,the owner (Australian) ,there is apparently another dive guide who speaks English,it was his day off. Other than that I highly recommend this for the diving alone. Just learn some french before you go ???????????????

Date of experience: March 2015
8  Thank BradT60
Reviewed 4 March 2015

We sailed to Lifou on the Celebrity Solstice in Jan 2015 and because our cruise ship arrived late on Lifou, only Lagoon Safaris were willing to accommodate my diving needs. I did 2 reef dives with them, one for 48 mins and the other 70 mins, steel tanks. Saw sharks, rays and lots of medium size fish. The dive boat was a 12 man semi inflatable with no toilet facilities or shade, but strangely didn’t make much of a difference, as we have the water and sunscreen to compensate. Our Guides were ok too, but it’s a help if you can speak French. They have a bigger, more comfy dive boat under construction. I must say that Annabella was very, very helpful in arranging the dives via email and the dive sites were very good even though a storm had passed though recently. Id recommend this to any divers.

Date of experience: January 2015
3  Thank anthony g
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 December 2014

Wonderful diving experience, lovely people, organised, knowledgable, awesome visibility and so much to see. We were met at the dock by Lagoon Safaris after getting the 1st Tender off the Pacific Jewel, There wasn't a diving shore tour available through P & O for Lifou, so I searched independently and contacted Annabella she was very helpful and accomodating for our group, the Dive Master Edward was very knowledgable even though his English was limited, he was very perceptive and we felt safe in his care. Patrick our boat driver was also a lovely guy with limited English, we had a great time and look forward to going back again soon, Thanks Lagoon Safaris for a great time.

Date of experience: November 2014