USD 128
USD 14
USD 11
USD 59
  • Pool
Casa do Xingu(Leticia)(Great Value!)
USD 7
USD 5
USD 66
Cabanas La Manigua(Leticia)(Great Value!)
USD 29
USD 33
USD 1,334
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Saw some good reviews and booked a week at Albergue Tacana two months ago. Nearer the day I was a bit nervous about being alone out in the Jungle but it was really fine. The Tacana river was about ten minutes walk from cabin and I really enjoyed swimming in the mornings. There were monkeys in the trees around the pool early in the morning, dont plan to go to the river at the weekends though unless you like a big crowd as loads of people came out to bathe. The tours to the jungle maloca was excellent . They have quite a few tours into the forest. I spent a lot of quality time in the hammock reading and watching the hummingbirds around the house My Spanish is poor but had no problems communicating with Pedro the guide and Irma the housekeeper using hand signs, pointing and my bit of spanish. Irma was really kind, I am a bit fussy about food but she had a mission to make sure I fed well.
I was the only guest for 3 nights , this place should be more popular!

Room Tip: Get a room with hammock space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Mcsimes
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Just spent 7 nights at the lodge. Very different from other places I have stayed. Run by two Indian ladies who were really attentive and very genuine. Rooms are clean and tidy , basically wooden cabins with tiled bathrooms. Loads of fruits and plants in the grounds , humingbirds all around . The vilage has a couple of bars but they generally close early except on friday or sarturday. I walked to the bus from the lodge to get to Leticia , it took about 40 mins to get to Leticia that way (walking and bus from main road) but the road through the jungle is great for walking. Swum most days in the bend in the Tacana river really delicious in the heat.
The two ladies had a different indian food for me to try every day , they were keen to tell me about there tribe. My spanish is poor but manged to understand quite a lot.
The resident macaw is a bit noisy sometimes but the tranquility of the place was just what I needed after Bogota and Medellin.

Room Tip: Cabin 1 and 3 have bathrooms hammock zones on a sort of balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2010

I spent 3 nights in Albergue Tacana with my partner. Our purpose was to enjoy and try out something completely different from the normal and too-civilized life and we found the perfect match for it in Albergue. Even though, it is far away from Leticia on foot, it is a lovely place to be and to relax. The service is absolutely acceptable, Helena and Steve are 100% friendly and utterly helpful in everything. It was a really good value for money experience, we are planning to go back there again. I recommend it to everyone who has the same purpose and want to experience the real Amazonas "jungle life".

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2010

This Hostel was just what we were looking for, great quality for money. The owners Steve and Elena were very welcoming and very helpful. Elena was lovely and gave us all the insight on what to do in the Amazons, the location is far from Leticia but it was perfect for us as we wanted the Jungle experience and we got exactly that. We were near to all the activities that were offered. The only hard thing was the walks to and from the hostel but it was getting used to it....Definitely would visit again and I think it is great for all the family, back packers or couples....It is a good idea to book all your acitivities with them as it is inexpensive and worthwhile.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

i returned on october 13th. it was a wonderful experience. staff are very helpful and nice!!!. plans are awesome and the place is very clean!. Elena is so nice and help you all the time!. I won't hesitate to come back there!! i love leticia!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends