“Local fare”
Review of Orujo

Orujo
Ranked #15 of 62 Restaurants in Cafayate
Reviewed 16 February 2017

We enjoyed our meal here. The waiter was helpful and attentive and we were served quickly. We enjoyed three courses - tasty empanadas, hake with tomato sauce and fruit kebabs, washed down with local beer. Reasonably priced, too.

1  Thank Jan C

Reviewed 15 May 2016

We enjoyed our dinner here. I had the pumpkin crepes with curry sauce (yep, you read that right!) and my boyfriend the lasagne. Both were delicious, although I wouldn't really call the sauce 'curry', more 'creamy'. It was nice to have some different options to usual, especially ones including vegetables! The little bread things you get to start, with a bean puree, were very tasty too. My lemonade was quite disappointing though - very watery, it didn't taste much of lemon. We also didn't like was the guy standing outside trying to encourage us to come in - we usually avoid places which do this! We'd planned to come here anyway, and didn't really appreciate just having the menu read at us, in fact it nearly made us decide to go somewhere different. But overall would recommend for the good food. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

My husband and I loved everything about this place. Our waiter was attentive and patient considering that we are not Spanish speakers. The delicious house wine was from the finest local winery and the main courses seemed prepared by a master chef. On our second visit there, we shared the lasagne which was some of the best pasta I have eaten having layers of delicate noodles, ricotta, and spinach covered with a light meat sauce.

1  Thank dixie h
Reviewed 20 April 2016

A wonderful little hidden gem in Cafayate, tucked away from the main square (which itself is full of touristy-looking restaurants). Our waiter gave us a warm welcome, recommendations and attentive service throughout our meal. The short and well-thought menu will cater for most tastes. During our visit, there were mostly locals and Argentinian travellers. Go for it - you will not be disappointed!

1  Thank SuhridJoshi
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Perhaps it's because of the excellent service we received from our waiter Gustavo that I titled my review as i did. But the food was also good and the wines reasonably priced. Definitely a good dining experience.

1  Thank AJIT GEORGE K