“Average food, nice music right on the plaza”

De la Plaza Pena y restaurante
Ranked #57 of 62 Restaurants in Cafayate
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 8 January 2017

We went here as our second-choice restaurant because the first one was closed. We chose it because we could sit outside on the plaza and we wanted a steak dinner. The live music was an added bonus. The food was average. One of our group ordered ribs that were mostly fat, but the milanesa napolitana was excellent, as was the vacio. Would recommend for the experience but not so much for the food.

Reviewed 22 December 2015

We enjoyed our almuerzo (lunch) at De La Plaza Pena y Restaurante, because of three things: the food was very good; the outdoor dining on the plaza was enjoyable; and the live music was excellent. The place was quite full, and not just with tourists. It was obvious that many locals like to eat at this place as well. Right next to us, a large local family celebrated their little daughter's birthday; the pena singer came over and serenaded them personally after his act. It was very nice to watch. My wife enjoyed the best grilled chicken she has had so far in Argentina, while I enjoyed one of the best steaks, cooked perfectly to my order (medium rare). There was also a very good bottle of local red wine to wash it down. And all this for an incredibly low price. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 January 2015

We had dinner there. I had their special and my wife the schnitzel. Both were very good. The menu special was actually a good idea, very tasty and good value for money. The live guitar music, sinning and folk dancers that performed in the side walk, which is part of the restaurant, were a bonus and they were very good. It was a very enjoyable evening.
There was one staff member that could speak English and she was very helpful.
This place is well worth visiting

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Great place to eat sitting outside enjoying the sun Cafayate. The service is fast and friendly, and very reasonably priced.

I was on a tour so time was important. These people were fast so I was able to see other sites around the city square.

I would recommend this place to friends, and would return again myself.

Reviewed 2 November 2014 via mobile

I didn't eat here, but went twice to wrap up my nights with some vino and music. Buena onda! Good service. Everyone was having a good time.