“Good food - Ok wine ”

Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Cafayate
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Very convienent location by the main square. Don't hesitate to share the main dishes - more than enough for two.
I wouldn't recommend the vino tinto offered per glass.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

We ate there twice, one time steak puree salad, the other cabrito and salad. Both excellent. Good wine list too but why do they serve Malbec cold? Still, excellent and very good service.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Very friendly staff, especially the lady and nice food. Lovely outdoor area to sit. There empanadas are very nice and the wee bread dipping sauce is lovely. Also nice salads.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Went with a lot of expectations. The salad was the DIY salad you get at all restaurants.
I ordered rabbit. At peso 250 it was a bit dry. Will not recommend this dish. The omelet was good. Chicken regional was good but was fried and not grilled.
The house red wine by glass was very bad. The worst I have tasted in Argentina.

I think there are bettet options around the city.

I have to mention that the service by one staff was good. We ran out of money and he allowed us to pay the balance later.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

El Rancho is clearly meant to handle large groups of people inside, but we sat at a table literally on the street, next to the curb. As always, we ordered local wine, meaning Torrontés and Malbec, from a more than adequate list. My wife and I decided to share a dish of grilled rabbit, which proved to be the best rodent we had ever eaten, including in France, Italy, and Spain.