All reviews wolf cabin grand canyon great owners direct tv queen bed stay there again mike mile deck highway channels glider arkansas motel pictures ozarks bear
Reviewed 16 March 2018

My sister and I went out of the way to stop for a night at this little inn on our road trip and it was well worth it. Such a quiet area and a great place for star gazing. Though it was a little cold, we still spent some time on the deck to get some awesome views of the Ozark Grand Canyon. The hospitality was great and the bed was SOO comfortable! Would absolutely return in the future!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This review is for the Inn only not the cabins or the restaurant. I never considered my self high maintenance at all, and certainly was willing to pay $100 for a suite however the room we had ( room number 1 which was the suite ) although clean was so very old that when we tried to open the door just to enter the room the door itself hung up on the swollen floors so that you could open it just wide enough to squeeze in. A definite fire Hazzard. We went in thinking OK you knew it would be rustic when you came but not to this extent. We looked around for the thermostat as it was a rainy chilly day only to find an electric fireplace that was plugged in a 4 way outlet that was so overloaded that it kept throwing the breaker so we continued to look for another source of heat and low and behold it was a 2 burner propane heater . I have asthma and even the slightest smell of propane would have sent me into an attack. This should be told to winter guest. At this point we could only hope to get our money back. We asked and received a $60 refund which was better than nothing since there was no way I could have stayed. Again this does not speak to the restaurant or cabins but in my opinion this room especially during the cooler months is a safety Hazzard

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 794rockinh
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed and dined at the Cliff House Inn for a night on our family vacation. The food (lunch and breakfast the next morning) was all great! The views from the restaurant and the motel rooms were the best we had found and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We will be visiting the Cliff House Inn again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jholzha
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This review is for the Cliff House Inn and not the cabins offered by the Cliff House.

The Cliff House Inn is an older motel located on the side of a cliff at the Arkansas Grand Canyon. The motel is located right on Highway 7 and there is a restaurant on the property.

The Inn only has 6 rooms. We stayed in room 1, which is a two room "suite". One room contains 2 queen beds and the bathroom. The other room has a queen bed, a couch, a dining table, and the television. This room also had numerous windows and a sliding glass door which provided great views of the canyon. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

We were here during the heat of the summer. It should be noted that the "suite" only has one air conditioner located in the main room which contains the 2 beds. Because of this the second room with the television and dining table was pretty hot during the day. They did provide a box fan to use in that room, but it really did not provide sufficient cooling during the day. After the sun went down the temperature in that room became acceptable. During periods of cooler weather this should not be an issue. I wish they could figure a method to install another air conditioner in this room.

The people that worked here were extremely nice and helpful. We asked for advice on places to visit in the area and we were provided with lots of local info and insight.

There is a huge deck located on the back of the property which is exclusively for the use of motel guests. It provides for a great place to sit and take in the view of the canyon while enjoying your favorite cool beverage.

The free wi-fi internet connection worked fine for us to do some brief surfing, check email, etc. Also, we had very good cell coverage.

This is an older motel, but it has been updated and is a good place to stay. It is pure Americana and it takes you back to an era when family owned roadside motels ruled the highways. If you elect to stay here you should expect to experience quaint and rustic accommodations. I thought the nightly rate was reasonable. I'll be back.

Room tip: Room number 1 provides great views
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HotDogChamp
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We planned our vacation inspired by photos another friend had taken off the deck at the Cliff House Inn. This trip did not disappoint! Sitting on the back deck on a glider chair was my happy place. There's something very special about a place where you can look down to see eagles soaring beneath you. We will definitely plan to return. I'd like to see it in every season!

Date of stay: May 2017