All reviewswolf cabingrand canyongreat ownersdirect tvqueen bedplace to staymikemiledeckgliderchannelshighwayarkansasmotelozarkspicturesbear
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed and dined at the Cliff House Inn for a night on our family vacation. The food (lunch and breakfast the next morning) was all great! The views from the restaurant and the motel rooms were the best we had found and the owners were very friendly and helpful. We will be visiting the Cliff House Inn again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This review is for the Cliff House Inn and not the cabins offered by the Cliff House.

The Cliff House Inn is an older motel located on the side of a cliff at the Arkansas Grand Canyon. The motel is located right on Highway 7 and there is a restaurant on the property.

The Inn only has 6 rooms. We stayed in room 1, which is a two room "suite". One room contains 2 queen beds and the bathroom. The other room has a queen bed, a couch, a dining table, and the television. This room also had numerous windows and a sliding glass door which provided great views of the canyon. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

We were here during the heat of the summer. It should be noted that the "suite" only has one air conditioner located in the main room which contains the 2 beds. Because of this the second room with the television and dining table was pretty hot during the day. They did provide a box fan to use in that room, but it really did not provide sufficient cooling during the day. After the sun went down the temperature in that room became acceptable. During periods of cooler weather this should not be an issue. I wish they could figure a method to install another air conditioner in this room.

The people that worked here were extremely nice and helpful. We asked for advice on places to visit in the area and we were provided with lots of local info and insight.

There is a huge deck located on the back of the property which is exclusively for the use of motel guests. It provides for a great place to sit and take in the view of the canyon while enjoying your favorite cool beverage.

The free wi-fi internet connection worked fine for us to do some brief surfing, check email, etc. Also, we had very good cell coverage.

This is an older motel, but it has been updated and is a good place to stay. It is pure Americana and it takes you back to an era when family owned roadside motels ruled the highways. If you elect to stay here you should expect to experience quaint and rustic accommodations. I thought the nightly rate was reasonable. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Room number 1 provides great views
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HotDogChamp
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We planned our vacation inspired by photos another friend had taken off the deck at the Cliff House Inn. This trip did not disappoint! Sitting on the back deck on a glider chair was my happy place. There's something very special about a place where you can look down to see eagles soaring beneath you. We will definitely plan to return. I'd like to see it in every season!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2017

The Cliff House is 6 miles SOUTH of Jasper, AR, right off Highway 7. You check-in at the Cliff House restaurant/gift shop right there on Hwy 7. The actual cabins are tucked away off the highway, another mile further south. They are far enough away, you don't even hear any traffic from the road. The location of the three cabins (Wolf, Bear, and Eagle) is quiet and peaceful. The views are great, too. The cabins are also spaced far enough apart, you don't feel like you are on top of each other. Perfect.

There is NO INTERNET ACCESS. But my phone had cell service and I was able to access the internet and check my e-mails while I was there. Don't expect 4G speeds.

The owners, Mike & Becky McLaurin, along with their son, Matt, are great people who will make you feel welcome and ensure your stay is good. I couldn't have been happier with how friendly and accommodating they where, and the cabin was great, too.

The cabins have porches with really good views, a refrigerator, oven/stove, microwave, and coffee pot. They also have central heat and A/C, which was great. The flat-screen TV was wired with Direct TV and had tons of channels. The number of beds depends on the cabin, with the EAGLE having the most beds (biggest cabin) and the WOLF having the fewest beds (smallest cabin.) The BEAR cabin is handicap accessible. You can g-o-o-g-l-e 'Cliff House Cabins Jasper AR' and find the webpage to read more details and see pictures.

The kitchen had lots of pots and pans and silverware and a surprising amount of cooking utensils and tools, if you are into cooking for yourself. In the town of Jasper, there is a grocery store at the north end of town (Harp, I think) where you can buy food and supplies; they had a good selection and fair prices. For dining out, you can eat at the Cliff House for breakfast after 8am and I believe they only do dinners on Friday & Saturday nights, but you should inquire to verify that when you check in. The OARK CAFE in Jasper itself is open morning to night for all meals, too.

Final note: If you have a 'sporty car' that sits low and close to the road (like a Corvette) you should probably NOT book the Bear or Wolf cabins as they have steep gravel driveways that might be problematic for such vehicles. You should book the EAGLE cabin.

Room Tip: If you have a big group coming, get the EAGLE cabin. Just two or three of you? Try WOLF? BEAR is 'middle sized' & handicap accessible.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Frog4aday
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in wolf cabin for our anniversary over memorial day weekend. Lovely little  (literally) cabin. Decor was quite funny... aptly named wolf cabin. Very comfortably sleeps 2, but would certainly be fine for a family with two children. There's an awesome loft! It gets toasty inside so keep the fan on and crank down the A.C.

Basic dinnerware is provided. There is an oven, stovetop, coffee maker (filters provided) and microwave. Bring a good cutting knife, aluminum foil, charcoal, lighter fluid (or get these in Jasper) and a good movie. There's a DVD player and direct tv. There is no WIFI that We could find.

We had terrible storms the first night and the Cliff house staff was very patient with my questions about it. If I wasn't so terrified the storms would have been very cool to watch from the porch. Wonderful spot to stay in while exploring the Ozarks. Easy 1 mile drive to the Cliff House inn. DEFINITELY say yes to borrowing Ernst's hiking guide. It's no fee if you return it and it's a wonderful hiking guide.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple