“Very tasty food!”
Review of The Berwick Inn

The Berwick Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Berwick Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Berwick
Price range: USD 3 - USD 22
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A progressive, young & vibrant pub with traditional values, real ales, an extensive wine list and fresh food. Our ever-changing menu is locally sourced, and we are proud to bring you the traditional British pub cuisine as you've never tried it before. The perfect destination for any occasion.
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on way home after a day out as couldn't be bothered to cook when we got home! Last time we ate here was about 15 years ago & it was nothing special. Pleasantly surprised this time. Very warmly welcomed by staff.
Food arrived promptly & was delicious. I had arranchini (roasted vegetable risotto, rolled into balls & deep fried) served on a thick tomato sauce & a little pesto. Other half had burger & chips which was very tasty & both nicely presented. Only downside is menu is a bit limited. Quite fancy the Gin, beer & food festival 22 - 24 September!1

4  Thank Silverladymj

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Booked as a group and were seated on a nice large table plenty of space.
Nice atmosphere, very friendly attentive staff and more importantly good food.

2  Thank graham A
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here several times over the past 9 months. I last left a glowing review in December. But things have definitely gone down hill.
Yes, we were using a Groupon but one family member was paying full price for hers.

I had the Calamari, not sure why the sauce tasted like margarine, not nice.

For the mains we had three way cooked pork. Which turned out to be black pudding ( sorry it was yuk), belly pork which was nice and a scotch egg. It should have come with fondant potato, this was small and green beans. These were actually missing so our dish had no vegetables all all. £14.95!!!

For dessert we chose chocolate brownie with rum& Raisin ice cream, which turned out to be vanilla. The other one was sticky toffee pudding this came with just caramel sauce. It was very dry. We asked for some custard or ice cream and was brought a tiny scoop of ice cream and charged £1.99 for it. When I questioned why in the past we got a choice of custard or ice cream and now we get nothing or pay £1.99 for a scoop of ice cream, I was told the menus change every day, and sometimes you do and sometimes you don't. I've looked back on photos that I have posted on here of it before and yes it definitely came with custard. So the dessert now cost £6.50 plus £1.99 for a tiny scoop of ice cream making that dessert cost £8.49!

We all got back in the car and said never again. Which is such a shame as we have recommended this pub to so many people, but not now.

£4.20 for a pint of shandy!!!!!!!

We never got asked did we enjoy the food, I guess they didn't want to hear the answer.

It's a shame the management doesn't look at these reviews.

Even paying the Groupon price it definitely was not worth it on this occasion.

3  Thank BorntocruiseUK
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We use to be regular visitors but have not visited for some time due to lack of choice on the menu but decided today to give it another try.
There was still a lack of choice on the menu and prices are high
My husband had the braised beef cottage pie and i the smoked haddock raerbit
As the food arrived, i could see by my husbands face, the disappointment in the size of the meal (Nouvelle cuisine??) he knew he would still be hungry when he´d finished, it was beautifully presented, a small filo pastry pie, filled with a braised beef base and mash on top, two very slim carrots and a stuffed cabbage leaf
he said the pie was quite tasty and the stuffed cabbage leaf was very interesting and enjoyable.
My smoked haddock raerbit was bloody gorgeous, i would never put this together but it really worked;
A bed of cold potato salad (delicious, with pieces of spring onion and peppers and chives i believe) on this was my lovely small piece of smoked haddock, crispy on top with cheese, then on top of that, a poached egg and came with a small dish of salad, very very nice.
Dessert i chose brownie and ice cream, the brownie was extremely gooey/runny and sickly (and believe you me, puddings are never usually sickly for me) and i couldn´t eat all due to this but my husband had the sticky toffee pudding which was beautiful, a lovely light sponge and both puddings were a generous size.
sadly it will be a long time before we attempt another visit, a shame as the staff are lovely

3  Thank bullysu
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

12 of us chose to visit here after looking for somewhere to go for a nice meal . We looked at the menu and wine list before hand online , but when we were given the menus at the table it was completely different than the one online ! Even the wine list was different and more expensive than the online menu ! The Service was non attentive ! They really need to update their website as we had travelled for this visit after looking at the website and felt very cheated . we could have eaten somewhere closer to home for basic pub grub !

1  Thank Leanneastridge