See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 July 2015

If you are looking for a hotel close to the center of Caracas, it´s a good choice. Clean and organized, the Hotel President offers you a good location and services. The breakfast could be a little better. It´s a little limited in terms of options.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The President Hotel has a convenient location in downtown Caracas and nice spacious rooms. It is also safe to stay there. Most of the staff do not speak English though. Much to my surprise they had me settle my account in the restaurant directly, without having the possibility to charge it to my room. I thought that that was strange. The minibar in the room was empty and when I asked to bring up 4 bottles of water and 4 bottles of beer, I had to pay immediately without being able to charge it to my account. My room was prepaid for 4 nights by a TA voucher.
Breakfast is probably the worst I have had so far anywhere in South America, which is surprising when compared with the excellent food they serve for lunch and dinner in their restaurant. WiFi functions well. Chambermaids do not clean in the corners and avoid to hoover carpets whenever they can.
When I wanted to change a 50 dollar bill into Bolivars I was taken care of by the bellboy who disappeared somewhere for 10 minutes before coming back, asking me to join him in the guest-lift where we made the exchange, which I thought was somewhat strange, but I did get a good rate.

Room Tip: away from lifts
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Friedrichwelke
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We stay there for only one night on September 2010. It is a very nice hotel. Large room, clean and well-preserved. The bathroom was very nice, too. We had dinner there and the meal was great. The only comment that we had from this hotel is that it is far from the metro station, so we had to go to Sambil Shopping Center by taxi.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luciana R
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Hotel looks like it was cool when Hugh Hefner was starring in "Playboy after Dark" in the early 70's. No amenities, outdated rooms, but very safe with great security.

Food is OK and a free breakfast is included. venezuela is beautiful but the economic stability is questionable under the present dictatorship. Why would anybody put money into a new hotel?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Quakhunter
Reviewed 9 April 2010

Not something interesting about that hotel, but not bad either. You have to do the reservation only by phone, (they want you to call them the morning of the arrival day). We arrived 10:30 p.m. and we could not find anything to eat. Restaurants close early and room service closes at 10 p.m. We tried to call pizza delivery, but in the area they do not deliver after 10:30 p.m. They do not speak English, we found only one girl in the morning at the reception who was speaking expellant English.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends