See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel as conveniently located on walking distance from the office I had to visit. As such there was nothing wrong with the room, but got a bit "sad", old fashioned. really needs a fresh look. Now the hotel is as such renovating rooms, however not yet the room I stayed in.
But as such the room was clean. Nu duvet though, but some people are happy with that ( I am not...) Disadvantahe no central airco, so you do hear the compressor located on balcony. Advantage could be, that the cooling is instant.
It is a suite hotel, so cooking facilities in the room, reasonable stock of kitcen utensils.
Breakfast not that great, but then the economical situation in the country is not that great either. Did get the impression, that at least effort was made. Anyway, a breakfast does not always have to be a sumpteous buffet. The basics where there.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated room on low floor, on Altamira side
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We booked our stay based on the good reviews we read about it. Although it is located in a great area and it is safe, the service and facilities are way below the five star standard it claims to offer. There are no useful plugs in the rooms, the blowdryer did not work, the toilet over-flooded, and we called to get an iron and never received one. The night before we left, we arranged for our transportation to the airport early the next morning with the front desk. When it came time to leave, our taxis were not there. It turns out they never even called them. We had to remind them to call for transportation, even though we had confirmed with them several times to night before. Also, the wi-fi is terrible... For this price, you are better off staying at one of their competitors. It's a shame they've fallen to this level but hopefully this review will help them improve.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel is one of the safest hotels in Caracas. The prices are normal (for Caracas). Maintained but old, however clean and safe. Service is average (European standard) but good for Caracas.We had to stay a month with a Baby and it was very noisy, although the suite was on the upper floor. There is a Bar on the roof with 360 degree view which is very good. Rooms are bigger than the average.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Is quite good,regarding the price and the rest of the hotels in Caracas. All the prices in Caracas (except the gas..) are huge,so conforming to this criteria (price-benefit) this hotel is ok. It needs for a refurbishment,cabinets,carpets,bathroom plummery are old or very old. Old but clean...Rooms are very spacious and very well equiped(I stayed at top floor). Restaurant is good and the view is spectacular.It was a very nice place to watch Happy New Year fireworks.Is really close to a backdoor mall,Altamira Place and East Park (Parque del Este) wich is splendid. Every people here said is the safest area in Caracas. I was a little bit affraid in the first day (so many reviews describe the violence here,but is not exactly like this...if you want for truble,probably you will find it,but is the same way,everywhere...),but after that (married couple with 12 yrs old girl) we recover our good heart.

Room Tip: -you can change money in the hotel-ask to the reception,they have their "man". is reliable and the prices are good,but you can bargain on bigger amount
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2012

I traveled to Caracas on business and spent a week at Altamira Suites. I got what they call a penthouse on the top floor, but from what I could see from my colleagues' rooms, the rooms are pretty much the same time, although slightly different in size and in what they come with.
Mine was a large two-room suite (a living room and a bedroom) with a kitchenette (which I didn't use but it had plates, cups, mugs, silverware, pots and pans, a coffemaker, and a blender even) and a countertop fridge. Airconditioner worked fine which is very important in Venezuela. The room also had a hairdryer, an iron and an ironing board, and a safe. A TV in each room (not in all hotel rooms), and even scales.
They had something that approaches a problem though, and it is internet connection. They have wi-fi in the lobby and in the public spaces, but some rooms have only cable Internet connection, like mine did. It worked for me, so I didn't care, but some people might be upset about this situation.
The hotel is clean and well-maintained, the rooms are cleaned daily, but if you don't speak Spanish you're mostly in trouble. Only people at the reception speak good English. Almost uniformly, people are very nice and are trying to be helpful, but with no language, things often become problematic.
The restaurant in the hotel is marvellous. Breakfast is nice, the usual cold cuts and hot dishes with a bit of a local tinge, but the food offered in The Palms restaurant is superb, I would say among the best I had in my quite a few travels. No English menu, though, so be warned. The menu we had had an epigraph from Julio Cortazar and entrees' descriptions to match, and we thought it was a cute touch. Service varies from extremely prompt to incredibly slow, although they gave us a lovely complimentary drink on the slow night, and I don't know whether it was just a nice gesture, or something by way of an apology.
They have a three-story bar on the top floor, with two floors being an outdoor bar. A wonderful view of Caracas, excellent cocktails (didn't like the wines too much) and wonderful house pizza.
The hotel is located reasonably downtown, a short walk from the subway, there is a supermarket very close by, and a little cafe for a quick meal, although we were mostly driven around, or took cabs which, as were told, is the safest option in Caracas provided that you use what they call official taxis.
On the whole, I would definitely recommend Altamira Suites, but maybe I was lucky in getting the room I did.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business