Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 April 2018

If there is a trophy for welcoming guests this hotel would be in the play-offs. What lovely people, making my stay a real pleasure. The hotel is a short distance from the airport and provides a personalised pick-up and drop-off service. I arranged to hire a small car for three days at a very fair price and that was sorted very easily. The staff provided me with plenty of friendly and helpful advice to guide my visit and my use of the hotel facilities, including a very nice breakfast.
The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the main centre and the local taxi service was very good for visiting restaurants 'downtown' in the evening.
My room was plain but with everything I needed if a little dated and tired at the edges. There is no air conditioning but a large fan was sufficient for me. The hotel has lovely tropical gardens which, along with regular rain, I am sure help to keep the rooms reasonably cool.
The Internet access is a little inconvenient as it is only available close to reception but sitting in the shade at the edge of the garden when online is not a bad experience.
The Hotel Manutara made a wonderful visit to this incredible island even better than I had expected.

Room tip: If you want to explore the island by car check the hotel car rental offer
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 563BrianR
Reviewed 5 May 2017

Easter Island is VERY expensive, so this hotel was ok for my budget. Zero luxury, but it was everything I could expect for a reasonable price: airport pickup (though you can walk to reach the hotel, just turn to the right and you'll be there in 5-10 minutes), clean rooms and bathroom (they clean daily and change towels every two days), comfortable bed and pillows, breakfast included (though it's basic: coffee, tea, fruit, cheese and bread). Staff was very nice and helpful (I was traveling alone and I rented a car at the hotel. Andres, from the morning staff, was really helpful, gave me a map, a great book about the island and tips, since he knew I would drive alone around the island).
You can walk to the main street, though it's about 30 min away so you can also call a taxi for 2,000 Chilean pesos.
What I didn't like: wifi never worked (ok ok it worked for one night), no A/C (but again, it's a basic hotel), check out time is 10 am. I understand that they receive guests at 2 pm when the first flight of the day arrives, but during low season perhaps they could allow guests to stay a bit late.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank maritereh
Reviewed 3 April 2017

We were looking for a good sized pool on Easter Island and this hotel has a reasonably sized pool. We swam one day but after that the weather went downhill.

The hotel is built in a single story motel style around the pool. Our room was basic. After several days of rain our clothing which was hanging up in our room was very damp and we could not find a source for this apart from the 100% humidity/rain outside. The damp ( during rain) needs sorting out. Really the building needs rebuilding I suspect.

The breakfasts were extremely basic. I appreciate that Easter Island is a long way from anywhere but the breakfasts are very limited.

I am not sure whether there would be better options for the price charged but suspect it would be worth trying to find one with regard the building.

On the other hand the staff were superb, always trying to help and really going the extra mile. Reception staff, the staff at breakfast and the gentleman who helped in lots of ways were all really good and should be commended.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

We were in Rapa Nui for 6 days. The hotel was about a 25 min walk to the centre so if you wanted to stay in central area late most people took a taxi back but we walked every night no problems. The staff are helpful. The wifi is hit and miss buy on an island it can be expected.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Stayed here to explore Rapa Nui and had a great experience here for the short time here. Friendly customer service, room was taken care of each day, and beds were comfortable. Only knock I would give would be that the hotel is an older hotel so a lot is outdated but it's a close proximity to the airport and walking distance to shops and some good restaurants. If you're planning on spending your entire holiday here inside the room, then you may want to go somewhere else but you're in Rapa Nui and I doubt you're going to do that. Stay here, it's worth the money!

Date of stay: November 2016