“Fine for a takeaway ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

We were staying in the area and this was one of the few takeaway options. Great speed and service, food good but nothing particularly special. We would have expected to pay slightly less (£22 for 2 mains, 2 sides, 2 naans, 2 poppadoms) but certainly not prohibitively expensive. Would definitely visit again if nearby.

There are newer reviews for Red Indigo

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Called in while in the area, not a planned visit, more a case of 'Fancy trying out this place', and so we did. Parking at the front is next to the main A40, this can mean reversing onto the A40 when leaving, best done with care, I'm not sure if there is parking to the rear.

Inside the décor is pleasant enough, personally I found the seating a touch neat with little spread room, but perhaps that is just me. I will admit that the menu does seem interesting and has a large range of choices, everyone should be able to find something to their taste. We ordered our choices and drinks. Service was acceptable but attention to detail just slightly off, candle on the table was not lit for us, trifling I know, but a very small and almost insignificant oversight that gets noticed.

The food itself was pleasant, I can not say fantastic, or rave about it, it was acceptable, it all seemed mildly spiced for what was ordered, and apparently the texture of my partners sea food intrigued her.

We each had a couple of poppadum, a starter, and a main with Nan, sufficient without being excessive, we both left a little. No over indulgence, not excessively spicy, a safe and sensible meal. However we both experienced some discomfort at home a bit later, must just be a coincidence.

In summary, I tried the place, but I'll not be making the 40 mile round trip specifically to come here, in truth, next time we are over this way, I'll drive past.

Reviewed 5 May 2016

Visited Red Indigo with friends and every time we say "why do we wait so long between visits?"
Good menu with plenty of choice and selection of house specialties. Plenty of choice even for the fussy vegetarian in the party.

2  Thank Welshjedi
Reviewed 3 May 2016

Formerly the White Hart inn, this was my old local pub back in the day.
Light, airy decoration contributing to the convivial atmosphere.
Friendly, knowledgeable staff only too pleased to help with menu choices, describing dishes etc..
Top notch grub, excellent quality. Popadoms, starters, mains and sides / breads for four coming in at £115. Great value considering £60 of that was for a dozen Cobras.

1  Thank Jjahc
Reviewed 25 April 2016

Went for a meal with a few friends on a Saturday night. The food & service was very good at a reasonable price. The menu is fairly limited, which is not a negative thing as all the classics are on there
Will definitely visit again when next in town