“Carbo loading pre walk”

Mynydd ddu tea rooms Cwmdu
Ranked #16 of 32 Restaurants in Crickhowell
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I was so hungry I was banging on the door just before 8am. Keen to start walking. great place to visit before walking the Black mountains or the Brecons. Great service and full cooked breakfast - Big boy is perfect to set you up for a day outdoors.

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Visited this cafe as it's really handy for the local campsite. I really want to write something nice here and give it a better rating but a couple of things are stopping me.

The food is nice, the breakfast was filling and a decent price, I think it was £5.95 for a standard breakfast with a cup of tea. But here is the crux and I hope the owners read this as i think this is constructive criticism.

An extra cup of tea costs £1.70 for a small mug!
the second morning I ordered beans on toast and guess what it was the same price as the standard breakfast the day before....how can beans on toast be the same price as a full English breakfast?

However is a decent cafe and the foods ok!

2  Thank Matto8750
Reviewed 14 August 2017

...and although it looks nice and you know people who've been there an liked it - but you've always been a little cautious about going in - in case its not all it's cracked up to be?

I've passed this place hundreds of times and always had a reason for not stopping, but today, the sun was shining, I had plenty of time and my tummy was rumbling. "in you go" I said, parked the car and went in. Blimey, what a clean, appetising place with really genuinely friendly people. Medium breakfast and coffee was needed and brought to my table immaculately cooked and presented.

"Where have you been all my life" I chided myself between mouthfuls - wishing I had room for all then cakes on display and probably a main course or two.

Wasted years, that I'm quite keen to make up. Well done to all the staff there, brilliant job!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Was passing and decided to stop for a simething to eat.
All there cakes are homemade especially the bara brith so had a lovely cup of tea and slice of bara brith.
Friendly staff lovely cup of tea and seating outside.

1  Thank LR W
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped here on the way back from holiday. So glad we did. We both had jacket potato, one with tuna and cheese and one with bacon, cheese and mushrooms. They were both top quality. I also gave into temptation and bought a chocolate brownie which was gorgeous. Will definitely remember this place next time we go on holiday.