USD 104
The Arch Inn(Ullapool)
The Sheiling(Ullapool)
Argyll Hotel(Ullapool)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquiet roomfree wififerry terminalown bathroomsea frontpacked lunchloch broomlocation is greatsitting roomstayed here for nightsbedsdormfacilitiesharbourtescogentscleanliness
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here at short notice due to work over running. Stayed in a 6 man dorm, quite tight and little space for your belongings. Towels extra £2 breakfast £5 so try and get them included.

Would not use a dorm again - showers and other facilities were good and staff friendly

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Ullapool Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Hi JaseK233
Thanks for your kind review and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This hostel is neat and clean with comfortable beds and a cosy lounge/dining room. Some of the dorms have a wonderful view of the surrounding bay and mountains and you can hear the waves at night. The bathrooms are clean and modern. I've stayed at this hostel twice now and the staff is really helpful and friendly. The location is great: the ferry terminal is just round the corner and so are all the restaurants, shops and bars, and yet it's close enough to the hills to be walking along a trail in less than ten minutes. The only problem I had was that the WiFi didn't work properly, but hopefully they'll fix that soon!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Hi Joanna V
Thanks for the great review and we will get the wifi checked out and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The staff are fantastically friendly and the hostel is a lovely little place. Beds are comfy and the rooms clean. Could not recommend this place more! And sorry for the lady who had to come rescue us at 1.30am because we didn't realise the front door is locked! FYI all, the front door locks at 11...don't make the mistake we made, the poor lady who come to open the door for us after us shouting help was a absolute hero! Again very sorry!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Ullapool Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Hi Gemskie89
Thanks for the great review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

I came from Glasgow and spent in SYHA only one night and I really enjoyed this time! The bed was comfy, cleanliness on the highest level. The receptionist was really helpful, friendly and chatty. I also enjoyed talking with strangers in the kitchen and becoming friends. I appreciate and would like to say thank you for helping saving water, electricity and sustainable seafood, it matters to me. I would totally recommend everyone :)

Marta

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Ullapool Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi thebubbleable
Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel following your recent stay with us.I will pass on your kind words to Debbie and the team at Ullapool who work tirelessly to ensure everyone has a great stay.
Thanks Dan

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We stayed at this Hostel twice at either end of our visit to the Assynt area.

We had a twin room at the back of the building which was very quiet with comfy beds which ensured we had two nights of good sleep.

The communal facilities are very clean although I did get out of bed very early so that I could grab one of the few showers without waiting but I never saw any queues! The kitchen and dining areas were very good and clean and were a bustle of activity. There were two relaxing seating areas, one next to the dining room and a quieter room on its own just inside the front door. WIFI is free but a bit patchy which when we were there prompted a lot of people to sit just outside the office where the WIFI was the strongest!

Good nearby facilities with a Tesco in the town, fuel station and numerous eateries. We had the takeaway fish and chips the first time which were good - especially eaten whilst sat on the sea front admiring the Loch - but were a bit expensive.

Love youth hostels as everyone - staff and guests - are always friendly and I love the comfy feel to the places, even the particular smells that go with these buildings! Really homely and comforting. Always makes me feel at ease - Ullapool was one of the best so I think we will return!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SYHAHostelling, Guest Relations Manager at Ullapool Youth Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hi katebiff
Thanks for your kind review and its great to see you enjoyed your stay at our Ullapool hostel.
We hope to welcome you back soon